Author Topic: Jesser BSA - this is pretty special  (Read 1726 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Jesser BSA - this is pretty special
« Reply #15 on: 01.08. 2015 04:34 »
Not importand, or BSA, just curious and as a reference this is one I 'borrowed'...http://www.classic-car-history.com/avanti-pictures/1963-studebaker-avanti-front.jpg

...maybe RR can find out...??

A couple of giveaways:

Shape of the rear side window; turn signal on the outside of the fender behind the headlights; pronounced nose peak.

I love this kind of mystery with few clues and little reason to care.

Richard L.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 01.08. 2015 08:07 »
Not GM.

1968 AMC Ambassador. What a great car to coincidentally see sitting in a garage in New Zealand.

Getting back to A7/A10's, it just goes to show what great taste A10 (engine) owners have in cars as well as bikes (and engines). *smile* ;)

http://www.velocityjournal.com/images/org/2012/584/am1968ambassador2dhardto58449735.jpg

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 01.08. 2015 09:00 »

Not importand,
.....typo sorry..should've been "...not important.."....I also had another look after I posted that and saw a few differences, like what you(Richard) noted, but thought to have a look later and see if there's different versions- but if you reckon it's a AMC, then fine I'll go with that  *whistle*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 01.08. 2015 16:38 »
Well, Dutch, maybe this is "Chat", but it's still is a bit about "Pictures & Members".

Anyway, my guessing in this trivia quiz is done. I'm now dang sure it's the '68 AMC Ambassador. No need to go into the differences between '67 and '69 here.

I had a good time solving the puzzle as an extra diversion while absorbing some nightime TV.

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 01.08. 2015 23:30 »

see if there's different versions
dang sure it's the '68 AMC Ambassador
....was referring to different versions of the Avanti- seems there was only one v/....although Rambler did also cross my mind....anyway that's done 'n dusted- back to BSA
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia