Author Topic: Damaged outer chaincase wanted.  (Read 467 times)

Offline Keith

• Moving Up
Damaged outer chaincase wanted.
« on: 12.04. 2015 13:40 »
Hi all,

I am looking for a damaged swinging arm outer chaincase. It is for a motocross project bike where I intend to weld the footrest onto the chaincase hence why I would like a damaged one, I don't want to go messing up a good one. Seeing as it's going to be welded anyway then I suppose any amount of damage is OK, just may may mean more welding to make solid.

Hopefully someone has an old thing laying around that can be resurrected.

Thanks,

Keith.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Damaged outer chaincase wanted.
« Reply #1 on: 12.04. 2015 14:29 »

Can't help, but also can't help thinking it's optimistic it'll be strong enough- especially for MX   *dunno*...but I guess you've already done the headsratchin'. ??
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Keith

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 12.04. 2015 14:43 »
There's a few around and the ones I have looked at didn't seem to have any extra strengthening.

Keith,

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #3 on: 26.04. 2015 23:45 »
nice rolling chassis,

The later pic probably the better option as those cases aren't that strong and rely on three bolts right up front attaching to the motor and one support bolt top back at rear. Hardly well braced and I've seen a lot of those cases warped.

The proper scrambler frames (a10 spitfire) clamped footrests on the bottom tube, I recall seeing repro's on fleabay recently but I guess it doesnt have the CCM B50 look your after
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand