Author Topic: 1954 A10 in USA being broken for spares  (Read 689 times)

Offline Beezelbub

• Active
1954 A10 in USA being broken for spares
« on: 29.11. 2014 01:13 »
Hello gentlemen;
I am in Colorado, USA, and will be breaking an incomplete 1954 swinging arm A10 that followed me home last week. (Fellow had another bike I wanted and I had to buy everything he had in order to get it)  The real heavy or awkward bits, like transmission, forks and wheels are likely cost-prohibitive to ship to the UK, unless someone is working with a shipping agent here who is loading containers.  My intent has been to list individual parts on eBay, and I will be doing that, but when I found this site and saw it populated with real A7-A10 enthusiasts, I thought I should invite inquires for particular parts that site members may be looking for.  I will be glad to supply digital photos as necessary.  In general, here is what I have:
Frame # CA7 617   Engine cases # CA10 312 HC.  Engine is incomplete--I only have: ignition-side covers, two heads (alloy & iron), two cranks, the pair of main cases, two primary case sets and some other odd bits. There is a complete "STD" transmission, clutch, generator and magneto--I will be determining identification on these presently.  Obviously, there are additional parts that were from similar machines.  It was evidently 'customized' a bit many years ago, as numerous items have been chrome plated, including one primary case set, transmission mounting plates, engine mounts, transmission end cover, rocker boxes on the iron head, etc.

The rolling chassis has wheels (ridged alloy rims), brakes, forks, triple clamps, chrome headlight (quite nice), seat, fuel tank (3 gal, I believe, for small round badges, but no badges, minor dents, good chrome, rust-free), oil tank (clean inside), left side box with voltage regulator, no speedometer or tach, original dampers and some odd bits like brake pedal, etc.  Bike was not allowed to get rusted (sat in arid New Mexico for years), so most parts are very serviceable.  I will attempt to price things realistically, I use PayPal and prefer offers in USD.

I welcome any inquiries before I begin putting things on eBay.  I am not familiar with this site's protocols about email addresses. I will include mine and see if that is acceptable, as that is certainly the best way to reach me: 

mod edit: email removed. PM not active for new members. Post questions in this topic, or use email link at the left of topic for contact (see attachment).      

Offline BrianDallasTX

• A's Good Friend
Re: 1954 A10 in USA being broken for spares
« Reply #1 on: 29.12. 2014 22:05 »
Hey BB,

Can you shoot over some pics, and a realistic price for the complete unit?

TIA,

Brian
Brian
'63 A10 Super Rocket

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 30.12. 2014 00:14 »
Well, if Brian doesn't end up with the whole thing, I think I would be interested in the seat, if it's the right type. Won't know until you are able to post some pics. Also, stats on the cranks would be interesting.

Richard L.

Offline Beezelbub

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 30.12. 2014 03:31 »
Thank you for the inquiries, but nearly everything has already been sold and I was just about to delete the posting.  All that's left is the A7 iron head, A7 crank, A7 Monobloc and a handful of odd bits.  Hopefully the sacrificed bike will enable several other BSAs to get back on the road where they belong!