Author Topic: A10 parts for sale [UK]  (Read 985 times)

Offline Chackett00

• Active
A10 parts for sale [UK]
« on: 16.09. 2014 21:09 »
Hello

I'm new to the forum and am posting because I have parts for a BSA A10 Gold Flash that I need to clear from the garage and I hope may be of interest. I don't know much about these at all but a friend of mine gave me some pointers and I'm repeating the advice I was given but beyond this I know nothing further.

I have a 1953 Plunger frame in excellent condition and with clear numbers. It was put in a jig and I'm told it is straight, with good bearing cups, good footpeg threads and minimal suspension wear. The reg number is written on it but there are no docs.

An A10 gearbox that I was informed was in "unbelievably good condition" internally but you'd need to take my word for that or alternatively please come and have a look.

I have A10 cases with clear numbers but no internals plus a cylinder head with one broken fin.

I have a front hub and back plate. There are also footpegs, a kickstart lever and a side stand.

I can email pics on request. If you'd like to view I'm just West of Cardiff, J34, M4 [United Kingdom]

Please email or phone/text to 07570795708. I'm looking for about 850 pounds o.v.n.o Thank you

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: A10 parts for sale [UK]
« Reply #1 on: 17.09. 2014 10:39 »
Hi will you split the pile ? if so could you send me pictures of the front hub and backplate as a mate is looking for bits ,any forks ?? also what is the head made of ,iron or alloy ? It would be an idea to say if they are s/arm cases or plunger ( if plunger the drive side case will have the inner primary chaincase as part of it whilst s/arm has a seperate bolt on P/chaincase ,best of luck, Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Chackett00

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 18.09. 2014 23:02 »
Hi Bob

Thank you for the advice. I wasn't aware there was a difference in swingarm or plunger cases. I can confirm that they are plunger cases and the head is iron. I would prefer to sell as a whole as it seems more attractive but I'll post photos over the weekend and we'll take it from there shall we?

I don't have any forks sorry.

Kind regards, Anthony

Offline Chackett00

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 22.09. 2014 08:42 »
Hi Bob

Are you willing to share your email address please as I don't seem to be able to upload the pics? Regards, Anthony

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 22.09. 2014 12:10 »
Ant, have a look here for posting pics.
http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=427.0
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7