Author Topic: Just a quick hello!  (Read 1470 times)

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
Re: Just a quick hello!
« Reply #15 on: 04.06. 2014 12:22 »
Yes, my back can't take it any more with those clip-ons!  That's why the RGS is in the house!  I don't want to change anything on it, that's how I restored it and that's how it will stay!

I like to do something different with my bikes, but, try to keep it BSA'ish (for the BSA's!) if you know what I mean?  Just like the SR in the photograph, high'ish bars, single saddle, alloy central scrambles tank, gold star scrambles rear mudguard support, stainless mudguards, single sided front brake hub (I have kept the fwh wheel and the other bits!), alloy rims - a kind of Spitfire look.  I like the bare essentials look!

But, I will try to do a quality build as far as possible.  The SR levers are new old stock Amal, as was the small petrol tank - new old stock.  The saddle was a restored Terry's.

Cleanliness in all preparation, attention to detail and being careful in assembly has given me reliability and pleasure throughout.

The only problem is the accumulation of bikes, spares and the decreasing room to restore them!!!!  But, I can't bring myself to sell any of them and knowing that all our treasured possessions are only temporary in life - hell I'll start crying any moment now just thinking where the B31's, G3L, Goldy, B40WD will end up - Skip? Scrap yard?  Canal? 

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: Just a quick hello!
« Reply #16 on: 04.06. 2014 12:46 »
I liked the quote from a members friend who said we don't really own these bikes ,that we're really just custodians of a piece of history  and that being the case don't know what will happen to mine once I've curled up my toes ,Son has no interest and grandsons  ... well who knows or perhaps a nephew who rides ,have to figger that one out but in the meantime I'll enjoy the bike and judgeing from the age of some of our friends here ( no offence intended guys  ) I may manage a few more years yet , best wishes BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom