Author Topic: New owner  (Read 836 times)

Offline Bill ss

• Moving Up
New owner
« on: 05.06. 2014 21:38 »
Hi guys,i've just bought an  A7 SS its a 1961 model, one owner.

A bit about me,i'm 68 came back to the bikes 5years ago i bought a F1 Royal Enfield then swapped it for a Bonneville its a great bike but a little on the heavy side for me now,its the 2010 model.

I'm from Liverpool UK,i'm looking forward to picking your brains i have lots of questions to ask.

Offline Billybream

• Resident Legend
Re: New owner
« Reply #1 on: 06.06. 2014 08:32 »
Hi Bill.
Welcome, great forum, very helpful to me after returning to bikes after 30 year lay off.
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 06.06. 2014 09:07 »
Welcome aboard, thanks for the introduction post. About the practical use of the forum, see topics in http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0
Am hoping you will find the forum useful.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 06.06. 2014 10:47 »
Yippee !! another scouser ... look out you lot(  there goes the neighbourhood )!! Welcome Bill whereabouts are you based, i'm in waterloo and formby ,well work in Waterloo live in the other place ! Nice bike the shooter my first a series bike when I was 16 ,I'll bore you with the details later !! in the meantime this forum is undoughtably the best out there ,the guys are great you'll love the intercontinental banter ,watch out for that Musky fella ,don't tell him your address ,he as a thing about A7 SS , well any A series really !! seriously he's a  very helpful and knowledgeable likes fast bikes and beer  and like all members shares the know how freely . Maybe we can meeet up or have a natter best wishes BobH,
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 06.06. 2014 13:23 »
Mmmm an SS and the same year as me *ex*.
G'day Bill  *welcome*.
As Bob said, the forum is a great place. Friendly sharing of knowledge with a few wise cracks thrown in.
What sort of nick is the SS in? Much or No work needed? A picture says 1K words.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Bill ss

• Moving Up
« Reply #5 on: 06.06. 2014 16:37 »
Thanks for the welcomes,

Topdad i'm in Litherland,the bike is from Formby.

muskrat the bike is an older restoration i believe it was done in the eighties the last owner did 19 miles on it then then parked it up then started on a car,condition is great a few chips in the paintwork but nothing drastic. *smiley4*

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #6 on: 06.06. 2014 21:47 »
Hi Bill , I've been in formby for about 2yrs , previous 38 yrs in Waterloo, Volley was my local if you know it . Got good friends in litherland and grew up in sea forth,Crosby rd south. worked in Horsmans ,liverpool where I got my shooter as a salesman and later candles My first A was made road legal in the garage of sea forth dog track in 1965 .If can be of any help shout best wishes bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Bill ss

• Moving Up
« Reply #7 on: 07.06. 2014 17:23 »
Hi Bill , I've been in formby for about 2yrs , previous 38 yrs in Waterloo, Volley was my local if you know it . Got good friends in litherland and grew up in sea forth,Crosby rd south. worked in Horsmans ,liverpool where I got my shooter as a salesman and later candles My first A was made road legal in the garage of sea forth dog track in 1965 .If can be of any help shout best wishes bob

I got my first bike from Horsmans,tiger cub trials,past my test the cub got robbed so i bought a thunderbird,great days.

My wife got her first bike from Cundles a Yamaha DT100.

For the offer of help i have no doubt i will take you up on that at some time. *smile*