Author Topic: Hello from a new member  (Read 798 times)

Offline Dean

• A's Good Friend
Hello from a new member
« on: 04.12. 2013 14:54 »
Hi
after stalking this forum for a while I felt it was time to join. I first found you when I was having trouble with the gearbox not selecting gears properly. After weeks of frustration and dozens of strip downs the solution was to NOT line up the red dots!
I currently have a pretty standard Super Rocket with BTH ignition which has transfomed the bike. I have a modified A10 (mikuni, alton, boyer ignition,belt primary, alloy engine plates, dow style front suspension etc). A D1 Bantam, 1930 Sloper (in the process of building a sidecar for this) and a 1932 BSA Three Wheeler (re-building that was a project!)

Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: Hello from a new member
« Reply #1 on: 04.12. 2013 15:13 »
Hi Dean , nice pictures ,you sure thats a BSA ,I can't see any oil drips !! Seriously very nice looking bike and has you'll know already this forum is very friendly and the members  very knowledgeable and helpful, ( Could you post any piccys of the 3 wheeler I've only ever seen them in drawings and via discription from my late Dad. )Just an aside and no way detracting from it , looking at your bike do you have suppresser caps fitted 'cause there have been quite a few posts saying don't fit 'em with a maggy ,not sure if that applies to BTH maggys but worth taking into account . sure someone more knowledgeable than me will comment ,very best of luck with the bike and look forward to seeing further piccys and posts BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Dean

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 04.12. 2013 15:52 »
Hi Bob and thanks for your warm welcome.
Regarding oil leaks, I find mine onky leak when there is oil in them ;)
The caps were not suppressed, which is very handy when catching up to have a word with mobile phone using BMW drivers. If the engine noise as you ride alongside them doesn't get their attention the radio interference does.

Fingers crossed, here's a couple of photos of the Trike as requested

PS how do people include images? I am uploading them to an old website first and then copying the image location. Do they have to be uploaded to another site first? I might lose access the the site I am currently using soon. *sad2*

My images also seem to get cropped when shown on here
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 04.12. 2013 16:18 »
Hi Dean, I 'm the last person to answer to question about resizing I only learned after intervention from Musky and of "e"  its someting to do with Thumb nails size only and keeping them within a reasonable pixel limit OR something however tons posted which I'm sure will be helpful to you but I'm afraid goes right over my head !!
The pictures of the 3 wheeler are great but not what I expected ,much more modern looking than I expected. The stuff I'd seen were my Dads and included details of bsa  (read Daimler who they also owned back then ) fluid flywheel's , strange the things that stick in your memory !!
Hope you get the info for your brake conversion, Best wishes Bob.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #4 on: 04.12. 2013 17:05 »
Hello & welcome to the forum, am hoping you will find it helpful.

About the pictures within the posts, they are the exact pictures you're linking to (and allowed on the forum as direct links because they are small).

See http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=427.0 for lots of info about posting pictures here. Basically, right to Attach, click 'Browse', go to the picture on your pc, and upload it here (rules: jpg & png, no gigantic 3x2 meters large pictures > 600kb is the max filesize allowed). Click 'more attachments' for... drumroll... more attachments :O) And you seem to have figured it all out, ref. the attached NewA10.jpg. Nice bike, & interesting aeration on the front brake.

Post any questions about the practical use of the forum in 'Forum News, Help & Info'.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Dean

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 04.12. 2013 17:31 »
Thanks for the info  a10gf.  Yes, it looks like I accidentally got it right in my first post, ie 'attach' photos than than insert images.

The 'cooling holes' in the front drum were done by  a previous owner who had also fashioned some grotty looking scoops from ally sheet. The scoops had to go but I was prepared to live with the remaining (useless) holes and put the money towards other parts. My idea behind this project was to upgrade/modify to make it more suitable for how and where we ride these days and to shed as much weight as practical so it was easier to manouvre. Sadly I was putting it on faster than I could get it off the bike   *smiley4*. The finish was to be 'it doesn't matter if I drop or scratch it' standard so I could enjoy it without worry.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #6 on: 04.12. 2013 19:24 »
G'day Dean,  *welcome*.
The bike looks great mate. A tyre change would turn her into a scrambler.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7