Author Topic: New here, been there.  (Read 634 times)

Offline Boomer

• Active
New here, been there.
« on: 28.06. 2013 22:18 »
Hello to all. New to this site but been on another similar site for awhile. My interests are all British but my first passion is for BSA's and particularly ore-units. I've been riding, racing, wrenching, collecting Brit bikes since getting my first, a '67 Triumph TR6C in '69. I bought my first BSA, a Gold Star scrambler, in '70 and I was hooked. In '79 I restored my first, a '67 Mountain Cub, that I just gave to my daughter two months ago. That started my affliction and the pile grew. Mostly Gold Stars but my first A10, a '54 Golden Flash, in '81. A lot of stuff has come and gone but in the old barn I now have two RGS's, an RGSS, a '56 Road Rocket, and a '58 Road Rocket Scrambler. They keep company with my various Gold Star's that includ my '59 Clubman that I raced in the NW, Portland, Seattle, and Westwood from '85 to '95. I'm presently working on a '49 Gold Star that was raced at Daytona, #57 Hubert Simons, and hope to have ready for the 2014 Rally in Petaluma. I have a lot of experience in these old Brits but have found that no one knows everything and I keep learning new stuff that about these machines that keeps my interest going strong. Attached is my '58 Road Rocket Spitfire. Check out the red paint under the fenders.

Thanks All,  Bill   

Offline gavinoz

• A's Good Friend
  • Dogs & Sheep hate smokers worse than Hondas.
Re: New here, been there.
« Reply #1 on: 29.06. 2013 00:19 »
Hi Bill, welcome, a fine collection by the sound of it, don't know if its just me but I cant see any attached photo, how did you attach it, gav.
Rigid A7S, 57 A10 in pieces
Australia

Offline Boomer

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 29.06. 2013 02:28 »
Thanks Gav, I was over the 600kb limit so had to delete something but forgot to delete the related text. So here's a shot of the '58 Spitfire as found. I have emailed Steve Fodenn at the BSAOC several weeks ago to see if the numbers are correct for this model. Yet to receive a response. I just figured it out. Had to resize picture. Bike is a little dented and bent but pretty original. Previous owner has owned it since the early '60's.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/goldsparky62/BSA001-1.jpg

Bill

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 29.06. 2013 07:56 »
Hello & welcome, one more Bill aboard! Am hoping you will find the forum useful.

Added the picture as forum attachment,
About pictures etc, see http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0
About external picture hosting, see http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=2545
Need any info, just post in the help boards.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"