Author Topic: Bonjour All  (Read 958 times)

Offline Dunney

• Moving Up
Bonjour All
« on: 11.04. 2013 11:00 »
Not sure why I never engaged with this forum before. 

I am a bit of a BSA nut but the bike which means the most to me is my A7.  Funny really as I have never managed to get it to run very well and historically i get fired up to try and sort it out and the lose enthusiasm for it when something new and shiny comes along.

First got the bike in 1981 in a right state for £100.  First time I actually got it on the road was 10 years later.  During this time I had taken it apart, lost stuff, found it again, had quite a lot of this done but when I finally put it back together the italian rims had already started to attract tin worm.

It was the first bike I did up and now is beginging to look a bit scruffy but I won't part with it.  It hasn't been out since summer 2011 as since moving to France I have been working hard to renovate my house, however the time has come agin to fettle it, if for no other reason than I am hosting a rally here in May for the new BSA Club de France and I thought it appropriate to try and get all my BSAs running for the event.

Other bikes are an early B31 Plunger (pretty and shiny), a 66 Victor Enduro (stupidly quick), an 800cc A65 which was half of an outfit but int he process of being but back to solo, and some other non BSA stuff.
Toujours a font

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Bonjour All
« Reply #1 on: 11.04. 2013 11:43 »
Welcome, thanks for joining, & thanks for the nice presentation, am hoping you'll find the forum useful.
Et toujours bien de voir la France representée ici.
e

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Dunney

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 11.04. 2013 12:35 »
By the way, just in case there are any folk lurking here who live in France we are reforming the BSA Club de France.  A rally is planned for the weekend of the 10-12 Mai at my farm in Central France.

So far we have a bout 40 BSAs signed in for the weekend so looking forward to noisy BSAs disturbing what is otherwise a very quiet and peaceful part of the world.

If anyone is interested in further details please send me a Private Message.

Promise I will post photos after the event.

Dunney
Toujours a font

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #3 on: 11.04. 2013 13:34 »
Welcome to the forum   *smile*
I too have a special place for my A7, bikes kept from your youth are just very hard to get rid of even when they are in boxes spread around the house. Same experience with my Italian rims new in 84 never been outside a centrally heated house until rebuild last year and then already should some signs on rust and chrome very thin (on my list to replace this winter)
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 11.04. 2013 17:16 »
Welcome Dunney ,hope you cure this irritating problem with the bike ,  regards BobH

" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 29.04. 2013 16:14 »
Good luck with your BSA event. I nearly bought a place in the Limousin region myself but ended up in Hungary as the health care costs are lower here. I still have a friend in Limoges who has an amazing collection of bikes. When I visited him he was just getting his pre-war Harley ready for a Sunday run. He fitted a pillion seat and took me with him on the run!

Offline saltbox Alf

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 30.04. 2013 12:48 »
Bonjour, salut,enfin , nouvelle club BSA de France. Top marks in all respects, there is a couple of Beezers down my neck of the woods including mine, will send a pm.
I like bike, especially my 61'SR

Offline Dunney

• Moving Up
« Reply #7 on: 30.04. 2013 14:09 »
Fido, Hungary is on my list of places to visit.  I rode all round central Europe on a bantam back in the 80s and feel that it is  about time I went east now that one can, but not on a bantam that is for sure. 

Alf, maybe you can make the rally which would be good.  Would be nice to get a few more brits on side. 

Thanks for the welcome chaps and I think I have got the A7 running properly now, for the time being!!!

Dunney
Toujours a font