Author Topic: Hello and welcome from never sunny Aberdeen Scotland....  (Read 952 times)

Offline Grumpy

• Active
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank the admin team for getting me on the forum (had a bit trouble with email addresses). I am attempting to restore a 1961 A7 Shooting Star or at least I think I am. It's already thrown me a few curved balls as you will see in my next post.
Anyway hello everyone and I hope you are all at peace where ever you are.

Cheers
Colin
Rebuilding a A7 Shooting Star money pit

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
G'day Grumpy, similar to what my G/kids call me. Gurmps.
 We'll soon turn you into a Happy, once you get the A7 going. Where on the rock are you?
Cheers
edit: Doh, whats the heading say.
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
Welcome Grumpy. Are you a member of the GCMCC? I used to call them the grumpyuns. IMHO the A7SS was one of the best bikes BSA ever made.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Hi Grumpy (Colin), and welcome to our friendly forum.

My wife was called Grumpy Gran by the younger members of the family but they soon simplified it to "Grumps".  Hey Musky....you might be related!!

We have fond memories of Aberdeen from when we temporarily lived there in the 70's and revisited the city a few of months ago.  We expected to see a change and we certainly did but it's manage to retain it's old charm.

Anyway, enjoy the forum and your A7 project.  Keep us all updated with your progress and post some images when you can, together with any queeries you might have.  We're here to help each other.

All the best,

Beezageezauk.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Hello, & thanks for the intro. Am hoping you will enjoy the forum, many here ready to help.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Welcome Colin, in agreement with everything already said re this forum and with Fido in particular , my first solo was a A7SS bought in bits which turned into one of ,no, the best bike I ever had ,I'm still riding my present A10 with the help of some of her bits 46 yrs later, best of luck to you and your project BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Wight-biker

• Moving Up
  • Age, 62 going on 12!
Hello Colin, welcome to the forum. They are a knowledgeable bunch on here and very helpful. Enjoy the forum and enjoy working on that A7!  *work*
I harbor a desire for a plunger A7 at the moment but until that lottery win comes in........... *spider*
Welcome, Paul.  wink2
My inner child is a little git! 🤪