Author Topic: A10 swinging arm parts  (Read 790 times)

Offline Gonemad

• A's Good Friend
A10 swinging arm parts
« on: 11.10. 2011 19:51 »
OK, the original 'How long is a piece of string question.'
When I purchased my RGS replica it came with the entire rear but redundant swinging arm, full width brake, together with the top front fork lower elements, the one mudguard lug type, from the previously restored Super Rocket.  These items are in really good condition, powder coated and so on, but became redundant when the RGS conversion became serious. 
My question is, are these parts of any value and is there a market for them.  I ask because I have limited space in my workshop - garage and I am very tempted to just drop them into the skip to get them out of the way.
Angus

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: A10 swinging arm parts
« Reply #1 on: 11.10. 2011 20:19 »
Cor blimey Angus,

Worthless items to you are valuable items to other guys.  Please....don't dump them!!  Somebody will be looking for these parts in order to get their bikes on the road.

If they are really in your way, offer them to your local branch of the BSAOC and you will be doing somebody a service.  If, on the other hand, you are in no desperate rush, you could put them on evilbay and they could help finance your project.

If I lived close to you I would offer to buy them off you.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Gonemad

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 12.10. 2011 09:54 »
OK Ray,

Thanks for the reply.  In fact I have everything set up with E-Bay and PayPal but have never tried it. However, it's a long winter and the bike will be finished regarding the last cosmetic details in about a month from now so, I do have the time to make certain that the parts get to a good home as you suggest.

Part of my thinking was that the conversion from Super Rocket to RGS is a one way path, not many RGS?s are converted to Super Rockets in other words. The inevitable number of swinging arm parts would mean a surplus over the requirement and the cost of posting from sunny Norfolk would swamp any perceived purchase price, but I will try it and see how it goes.

BTW, I went to the BSA Owners Club meeting here in Norfolk as you suggested and passed on your regards. Good bunch and I was made very welcome.

Best regards again,

Angus

Offline Gonemad

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 06.11. 2011 14:16 »
Now sold.