Author Topic: Engine bracket  (Read 3112 times)

Offline terryk

• Valued Contributor
  • Townsville Queensland Australia
Engine bracket
« on: 04.10. 2006 13:31 »
Hi, Im a newy on this forum so gday from Australia to all you BSA lovers. I recently purchased one of my old bikes back after foolishly selling it and heaps of Bsa stuff several years ago. Anyway has anyone got a spare small piece bracket thing that goes between the front engine mounts on a plunger A10 I havent got the part number handy to the computer but you know the bit I mean. Also are there any other a10 plunger owners in Australia. thanks Terry
1950-53 A10 rigid/plungers, 1958-61 A10 super rockets, 1947-50 A7 longstrokes, 1949 Star twin,
1951-54 A7 plungers, 1940s M21, WDM20s,
1948-50s B33s rigid/plunger/swingarm, 1948-50s b31s rigid/plunger/swingarm

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Engine bracket
« Reply #1 on: 04.10. 2006 21:37 »
Hi Terry and welcome to the forum. 

Sorry I can't help with the actual item you are looking for but it is called an "Engine Plate Insert" and the part number is 67-4036.  Is it something special or is it just a spacer??

Forgive my ignorance of the Plunger A10 engine mounts but these are obviously different to the S/A models to which I am more familiar.  The duplex frame makes the difference.

Hope you get fixed up.

Beezageezauk.

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 04.10. 2006 23:56 »
G'day Terry, the piece you are looking for is like rocking horse manure. I eventually found three for my projects but I am still looking for one more. Plunger stuff seems to be getting very scarce at swap meets now where a few years ago you would be tripping over it. Good luck!

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 22.10. 2006 22:02 »
Been thinking about this one, it is a spacer, if you can't find an original, it should be very possible to make something up with some piece of brass or aluminium and some sawing\drilling\filing work. Since it's completely hidden, function can come before looks. Just plan a little and use some time, and it's done!

Regards
E.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 23.10. 2006 17:41 »
Hi Trevinoz
Can you post a pic of the bracket you need?  I know 2 guys who have alot of plunger stuff.  When i see these guys I'll looks for one.  Jeff

terrybsa

« Reply #5 on: 20.12. 2006 03:36 »
Check with Draganfly I just bought one
Terry p

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 14.01. 2007 09:05 »
Hi mate, like you I am both new to this forum, and am an Aussie. I have a 51 A10 plunger frame, and also need a top engine stabalizer, or whatever it is called. If you were able to locate more than you needed, maybe you could let me know where to get one. Thanks.

I am also currently looking for all the bolts to connect the engine to the frame. Know any good places to start looking?

I am in Mandurah in W.A.

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 16.01. 2007 21:49 »
Hi Gavin, the stabiliser, as you put it, is a pair of tubes, I think 1/2" diameter, with ends pressed flat at 90 degrees to each other and bolted to frame lug between down tubes and to front rocker box studs at other end. Easy to make, I made my own but have mislaid them at moment so I cannot give you dimensions for drilling. Also known as head steadies. 

terrybsa

« Reply #8 on: 18.01. 2007 02:44 »
the top stays are pt no 67-0346  Rabers Cycles in Cal has them
also if you are down under try Lee Speed Racing in Victoria +61 3 51 681371
Terry

Offline brissy_bsa

• Moving Up
  • A new 1951 A10 Golden Flash owner
« Reply #9 on: 18.01. 2007 03:34 »
Hey I agree, when I got my 51 A10, I only had one, so I also just made a new set, they are easy to make.

Ian

PS: Still looking for a toolbox and both guards for my plunger and not having any luck.........help me out guys :-)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Engine bracket some time on
« Reply #10 on: 17.10. 2011 14:33 »
Hey all you new guys,who aren't so new anymore!! And from oz too I'm in SEQ-Sunny Coast/BrisVegas GMT+10 ~27 Parallel (S).
      I've also discovered that my bodge job has a part#,> 67-4036< the little Front engine plate insert for Plunger A10. I just bunged in a bit of tube to fit but figure that I need to check the correct width of it, as'm having trouble with wheel alignment and possible(slightly) bent frame. If anyone doesn't mind having a little measure(between frame lugs,or any other reference points is fine) I'll appreciate that, and in the meantime figure out how to ride this show properly???
                                                      cheers, Dutch
also posted a version of this in 'Breather problem'
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 17.10. 2011 15:45 »
One of the hassles I had with this area of the bike was that I had bought a Hybrid... unknown to me, it had a heap of swinging arm parts on the bike... one of which was the related generator / front engine mount. And that made it near impossible to fit the engine in the frame. I finally nutted out that the swinging arm mount has 2 bolt holes on the bottom, and the plunger mount has just the one... when I got the correct ones. it fitted perfectly.