Author Topic: New member in S.W Scotland  (Read 934 times)

Offline Bustersbike

• Moving Up
New member in S.W Scotland
« on: 12.08. 2011 21:14 »
Howdoos all.
Just like to say thanks for letting me on this forum. My name is Buster and have a '54 A10 (GF possibly?) that I'm trying to sort out. I've had the bike for nearly 20 years and it's been off the road and in boxes for most of those!
Now I have a decent garage and finished working on my Landrover, I think it's about time that I made a start on the bike.
Have a few questions which I'll post in relevant sections and hopefuly get a wee bit help.

Cheers all ;  *smile*
Je Suis Prest

Offline iansoady

• Valued Contributor
Re: New member in S.W Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 13.08. 2011 11:14 »
Hi there and welcome.

Mind you, if you think you've ever finished working on a Land Rover you may be over-optimistic.....
Ian.
1962 Golden Flash (arrived)
1955 Velo Viper/Venom (departed)
2004 Triumph Tiger 955i (staying)

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 13.08. 2011 19:41 »
Welcome aboard!
I've had the bike for nearly 20 years and it's been off the road and in boxes for most of those!
Make the most of the help available here, you'll get it back on the road.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 13.08. 2011 21:51 »
G'day Buster, welcome to the forum.
                                                Yep you should be just about finished the landrover after 20 years work. LOL.
 Is she a real '54 alloy head with bolt on manifold? I see forward controls, was she a chop?
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Bustersbike

• Moving Up
« Reply #4 on: 14.08. 2011 02:53 »
Hi there and welcome.

Mind you, if you think you've ever finished working on a Land Rover you may be over-optimistic.....
Cheers Ian;)
Aye, you might be right about the Landy *smile* I'm happy where it's at just now.... got another one to do in the future aswell!!!! *eek* ;) *smile*
Je Suis Prest

Offline Bustersbike

• Moving Up
« Reply #5 on: 14.08. 2011 02:56 »
Welcome aboard!
I've had the bike for nearly 20 years and it's been off the road and in boxes for most of those!
Make the most of the help available here, you'll get it back on the road.
Thanks for the welcome;)
Aye, I'm hoping so;) Hopefully it isn't as bad as I'm thinking!! Cheers again;) *smile*
Je Suis Prest

Offline Bustersbike

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 14.08. 2011 03:18 »
G'day Buster, welcome to the forum.
                                                Yep you should be just about finished the landrover after 20 years work. LOL.
 Is she a real '54 alloy head with bolt on manifold? I see forward controls, was she a chop?
Cheers
Cheers Muskrat;)
HAHAHAHA! I should hope so mate;) *smile* *smile*
I'm not entirely sure about the head?? It's not the bolt on manifold type but possibly a later type. The crank cases have been changed sometime in the past from a a Super Flash (BA10S- some numbers- then MK 3A stamped below these) to a BA10. not sure if the barels and head came from this or maybe from the '56 Road Rocket I had as well? both bikes were bought from same person... which bought both from from the same person before him! Confusing or what?? *smile*
Aye, it did used to be a chop.. kinda! The frame wasn't raked, but it did have 6" over springers and big apes and risers;) I'll see if I can find a couple of photo's .....
Je Suis Prest