Author Topic: Can anyone in UK supply a CR7411 seal (or send me one from the US!)?  (Read 956 times)

Offline t20racerman

• A's Good Friend
  • Keep it nailed!
    • The T20 'Super Six' Suzuki website
Hi all
I saw this thread about replacing the cork washer behind the dynamo drive sprocket with an oil seal:

http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,3501.0.html

I really like the idea, and although I don't at the moment have a leak, it just looks... NICE! Anyway, the seal recommended is a CR4711 and from my researching of these it seems they are easily available in the USA for a few bucks, but here in the UK non of my normal suppliers stock them, or can even order them!

Does anyone know of a supply here in the UK, or if not, can someone USA based send me one and I'll send you the cash via Paypal?

Thanks  *smile*
1944 WN/G based trials Ariel
1961 A10 - somewhat modified :-)
1967 T20 Suzuki - heavily modified Classic Racer
1967 T20 Suzuki - pretty standard road bike
2007 KTM 660 SMC - fast and furious supermoto
Triumph Tiger (modern one)

"If I had all the money back that I've spent on motorcycles... I'd spend it all on motorcycles!"

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
I cant remember exactly what seal I used but it was just a standard metric one from the local bearing place. 20mm ID and probably 30mm or a bit more OD. Cost a couple of dollars.

Its a simple mod if you have a lathe. I turned up a dummy shaft that was a nice fit in the bush, bolt the case to a face plate and clock off the dummy shaft, then simply bore the case to the OD, minus about .004" for interference, and width of the seal. You dont need to remove the bush.

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
T20,
The CR7411 I found to do the job, is a Chicago Rawhide product (hence the "CR" prefix in the code).

This is a low height seal (1/8"), therefore minimising the amount of bush that is machined away (lost).

SKF offer a cross reference (see link); hopefully you will be able to source through them.

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popup_parts_lookup_457012.htm

Let us know how you get on,

Richard

Offline t20racerman

• A's Good Friend
  • Keep it nailed!
    • The T20 'Super Six' Suzuki website
Nope - can't find a supplier. I'll try again today but was told by one company who can normally get me anything that, as this was an imperial sized Chicago Rawhide product, I wouldn't be able to get one from "anyone they knew about".
Still open to ideas...
1944 WN/G based trials Ariel
1961 A10 - somewhat modified :-)
1967 T20 Suzuki - heavily modified Classic Racer
1967 T20 Suzuki - pretty standard road bike
2007 KTM 660 SMC - fast and furious supermoto
Triumph Tiger (modern one)

"If I had all the money back that I've spent on motorcycles... I'd spend it all on motorcycles!"

Offline bikerjohndavies

• John Davies, Bath, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash
I have just had a seal fitted in my long stoke A7 timing cover by Gary Bowden of Bowden Auto Engineering in Bristol while he was sorting out the crank bush and journals. Gary and his son Stuart have a very good reputation with classic bikes and cars and can be contacted on 0117 9693355 and is at Redfield Road, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 6PJ.
1931 Ariel VB31, 1935 Triumph 5/3 project, 1946 Ariel Square 4, 1952 Norton Model 7, 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash, 1954 Ariel VH