Author Topic: ivvmcc show dublin  (Read 2596 times)

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
ivvmcc show dublin
« on: 06.11. 2010 14:26 »
i was at the irish vintage and veteran motorcycle club show and jumble in leopardstown race course outside dublin today, its about the biggest show in the republic but very small by uk standards , anyhoo some pics

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
Re: ivvmcc show dublin
« Reply #1 on: 06.11. 2010 14:28 »
and some more.........

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 06.11. 2010 14:36 »
and more.....

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 06.11. 2010 14:41 »
yet more.........

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 07.11. 2010 21:43 »
Hi bonny,
I had a stall there alongside the ivvmcc club stall,
I'm trying to recycle stuff thats been taking up space in order to pay for some more shiney stuff for the RGS project
We had a good weekend, didnt make a profit though *sad2*

The TWN Triumph pictured along with another for parts was part of our "stock"
Sorry we didnt meet! or did we ????

Regards
John O R
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 08.11. 2010 02:01 »
we met indeed john , i was the one talking to you about the suzuki clutch conversion and the fella that bought the alternator chaincases ,it was a good show apart from too much japanese stuff , but i missed polly palmers stand being there too, i had a stack of stuff i wanted to get off him and was gutted when i asked a marshal where polly was or if he was coming when he told me no. i was looking at your twn triumph interesting little machine and not very common , did you sell it ?
how are the clutch conversions going ? i was thinking of doing one too after seeing the post here about the goldie enthusiast in oz doing them, i'm a fitter/turner by trade and have a colchester sitting in the shed that i don't use enough so it would be an interesting little project.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 15.11. 2010 18:58 »
Hi bonny,
Sorry I have only just seen your reply,
The TWN belongs to a friend and it didnt sell, neither did the guzzi stornello or the honda trials
As you said a bit of a strange do???
I thought the BSA S25? 500cc flattanker was a good buy at 5k

Regarding the Suzuki conversion, it will be a while before I get onto these even though I will need 2 before very long
If you can get your hands on a 2000 onwards GS500/550 clutch (I got a couple on ebay for less than £50 each)
The late Suzuki clutch has a 6 spline centre, 20x 16 x 4mm, Then if you have or can get a plunger BSA A7/10 gearbox mainshaft it has  6 splines on the clutch end, 13/16 x 11/16 x 3/16in (app 21 x17 x 4.7mm) its so close its begging to go on *smile* Do you have access to a slotting machine ???? ????
You will need to turn up a piece or two to fit a bearing to the chain wheel and to seal the gap in the sliding plate

If you are stuck with the tapered BSA shaft, I think the GSXR750 (c1990?) type clutch will be better this has a steel splined piece casti nto the centre, you will need to bore and spline this to suit the BSA 4 spring clutch centre and then an R22 bearing 1 3/8 x 2.5 x 3/8in, (scarce and expensive!!)  It may be possible to fit the bearing outer race from the 4 spring chainwheel?? I havnt tried!!!

The 43 tooth sprocket is available from Sprockets Unlimited in Steel or Dural,
Drill out the 3 rivits on the Suzi clutch to separate the alloy basket from the gearwheel, this will then need attaching to the new sprocket!!

I think thats enough homework  for today *eek*

Cheers
John O R

PS I have some pics of the Pearson clutch I can send you if you send me a PM

1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)