Author Topic: Cam  (Read 913 times)

Offline Hubie

• Dave Huybens
  • Valued Contributor
Cam
« on: 12.10. 2010 06:32 »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new camshaft for my a10 and have found a mob over there called supreme motorcycles.  Has anyone ordered from them?  Any info good or bad?

Cheers,

Dave.
1959 BSA Golden Flash
1956 Royal Enfield Super Meteor
1955 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get's the cheese!

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Cam
« Reply #1 on: 12.10. 2010 09:46 »
Hi Dave,

I haven't heard any reports one way or the other on Supreme M/C's but although they do deal with BSA spares I think they are predominantly Triumph dealers.

One particular outfit that deals in BSA and BSA only is "Lightning Spares".  The owner knows A10's inside and out after he and his wife have travelled thousands of miles on one and is quite happy to advise on technical problems providing he is not busy with in-shop customers.

Going by the name some folk in Blighty think they only deal with A65 spares but I believe that the name came from shipping mail orders "lightning" fast.

Check out their website at www.lightning-spares.co.uk

Beezageezauk

Offline pbaker

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 12.10. 2010 13:04 »
Hi
Supreme M/cycles at Earl shilton Leics is a good shop to deal with . Extensive bsa and triumph knowledge and stock at average prices.
Similarly Brian at Lightning is a good bloke

Only issues with new cams is Hardness of material and production tolerances, beware indian copies. +would recommend stellite tipped followers(see SRM shop )

Got mine from SRM who guarantee the product and its tolerances and were no dearer than others at around £120 + p+p for a spitfire A10 cam

Peter

Offline Hubie

• Dave Huybens
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 21.10. 2010 20:21 »
Got my new cam yesterday and decided to measure it against the old one.  There was about .4mm difference in height on the lobes.  Should make a bit of difference I hope.  Now just waiting on conrod bolts and nuts to put the crank back together and then get her going again!
1959 BSA Golden Flash
1956 Royal Enfield Super Meteor
1955 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get's the cheese!