Author Topic: 2 A10s advertised in East Kilbride...thats Scotland that is  (Read 1243 times)

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
You wont be as jammy as LJ was, but might be worth a look depending on how much of the other one there is.

http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/65/61523265.html

Cheers,
Iain

Offline mikethebrush

• A's Good Friend
  • pre restoraton
looking good from the photos

but why hasnt he finished it, the bottom end could be shot and you wouldnt know it

seems daft to me, put the surplus spares on ebay, finish this bike and sell it as a complete runner, he reckons its only an afternoons work to get it sorted so why not sort it
1959 BSA A7 SHOOTING STAR

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
I think you have to assume that the engine is shot.
You never know how the present owner came by it, it could have been acquired as the unfinished rebuild of someone deceased or whatever.
I think he's trying to sell it with the same optimistic comments he uttered as he bought it. The spares bike would have to be good to make it a worthwhile buy.

Offline bezabill

• A's Good Friend
well i will enlighten yous the bike was needing the head gasket done so he did it and  that afternoon he fell ill and got told he was a very sick man his immune system was
packing in and he could not risk any cuts or scratches so he has to give up working on bikes the thing was mint and the other one was 85% complete so there you go the reason i know well hes my mate

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
Thats a real shame.
My sympathies to your friend and his family.
I guess we all become quite cynical when looking at adverts and rarely believe that there may be a genuine reason for sale.
Cheers,
Iain

Offline bezabill

• A's Good Friend
COOL/COOL i got them sold for £3200 for him to a enthusiast *beer*

Offline mikethebrush

• A's Good Friend
  • pre restoraton
I was wondering why it hadnt been finished as the bike from the photos looked nice and I couldnt understand why someone would work to that standard and then put the bike on the market before it was on the road

unless there was a reason not to

well there was a very good reason it wasnt finished and thank you for enlightening me Bill
1959 BSA A7 SHOOTING STAR