Author Topic: 52 Plunger ebay  (Read 1439 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
52 Plunger ebay
« on: 08.01. 2008 23:45 »
I don't know if any of you in the UK (or nearby) are watching ebay right now, but there is a plunger project for sale there that I wish was on this side of the pond. Unfortunately, the cost of getting it here would make it prohibitive for me, but one of you might be interested. Of Course, it's an auction, so you won't be saying anything in advance, but if one of you gets it, please let the rest of us know (on my part, so I can envy).

Richard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230209605667&rd=1

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: 52 Plunger ebay
« Reply #1 on: 09.01. 2008 00:06 »
^^ To Fido, this ebay bike has a clear picture of the type of airfilterbox that takes the dreaded angled carb connector. Has a bulge on lh top side, I suppose this is the original part for the early 50's models.

Richard, thanks for posting, makes me realize I do not have too much to do to get my bike right.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

G/F DAVE

Re: 52 Plunger ebay
« Reply #2 on: 09.01. 2008 17:51 »
This could be an easy project for someone as all major parts are there,The rear mudguard looks to be a swing arm item though. I have the original air filter for my 52 A10, but as I run 12 volts I have a homemade carrier to take bigger battery. Maybe I,ll use air filter once I decide to restore bike to original condition and go 6 volts. I,d like to buy this bike but have to many on the go at the moment, Hope someone buys this to rebuild and ride, Another BSA on the road *smile*..........Dave