Author Topic: Plunger toolbox wanted  (Read 377 times)

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
Plunger toolbox wanted
« on: 21.03. 2024 22:27 »
Probably a forlorn hope, but anyone in the UK have a '51 plunger toolbox to sell?
Thanks.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Plunger toolbox wanted
« Reply #1 on: 22.03. 2024 01:33 »
Well, you got me thinking (again). My (previously very nice) A10 plunger has been in pieces for like 10 years now, and very (more and more) probably won't find neither time nor energy to get anything done.

I somehow do not mind the idea of my trusty old plunger being a donor, saving other (lives) bikes :O) Many good parts, incl. a (quite perfect?) tool box, and much more useful (and maybe scarce) stuff in good condition. Please do not reply to this here, will make a dedicated post in another board.

Just to let you know there may be a toolbox out there.
So, ftm, see if you get hold of one, while I ponder on for a while.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline CheeserBeezer

• Valued Contributor
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 22.03. 2024 08:00 »
I'll have as look in the shed. Give me til noon.

Online limeyrob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 22.03. 2024 08:30 »
Well, you got me thinking (again). My (previously very nice) A10 plunger has been in pieces for like 10 years now, and very (more and more) probably won't find neither time nor energy to get anything done.

I somehow do not mind the idea of my trusty old plunger being a donor, saving other (lives) bikes :O) Many good parts, incl. a (quite perfect?) tool box, and much more useful (and maybe scarce) stuff in good condition. Please do not reply to this here, will make a dedicated post in another board.

Just to let you know there may be a toolbox out there.
So, ftm, see if you get hold of one, while I ponder on for a while.
Don't do that just yet. At the moment its a complete bike with a registration and a history, once its gone its gone.  You can sell it as a bike in pieces for someone with time and enthusiasm to put back together but don't break it up.  This thinking got into the classic car community and it became popular to have "donor vehicles" in no time dozens of perfectly good cars got lost forever.  Its akin to having your pet put down because you are bored with it, you loved it once, rekindle that, don't be the owner who ends its life.
Slough 59 GF/SR

Offline CheeserBeezer

• Valued Contributor
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 22.03. 2024 09:13 »
Got one! The hinge needs repair and there's a very small hole on the inside edge. Not as bad as it sounds! I could easily fix it with a bit of brazing. £40. Give me a ring via the Priory Magnetos contact number if you're interested. I'm assuming by 1951 you mean the larger type of the two, not the triangular one which was fitted to other models as well.

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 22.03. 2024 10:01 »
PM sent.