Author Topic: BSA Tattoos  (Read 990 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
BSA Tattoos
« on: 06.01. 2024 21:35 »
While having no tattoos whatsoever, I am fascinated by tattooing - the art, the techniques, the technology and the artists. I have watched more tattoo competition shows than I care to admit. I am certain many, if not most, of our members have tattoos. My question here is: are any of them BSA themed? If so, would you care to show them?

Richard L

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: BSA Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: 06.01. 2024 22:09 »
i know a tattoo chap who did BSA on pair of leather shoes it was brilliant, but i don't have a picture

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 06.01. 2024 23:08 »
A large proportion of tattoo work is copied from 'Fantasy' book / comic Illustrator's works. And tattooists frequently copy each other. I think the level of actual creativity is fairly modest.

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 06.01. 2024 23:54 »
joolstacho  my mate joe at deeper than the needle does loads of drawing and designing himself, or one offs for customers .

Offline Macbeth

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 28.02. 2024 11:41 »
While having no tattoos whatsoever, I am fascinated by tattooing - the art, the techniques, the technology and the artists. I have watched more tattoo competition shows than I care to admit. I am certain many, if not most, of our members have tattoos. My question here is: are any of them BSA themed? If so, would you care to show them?

Richard L
I’m running out of skin these days 🤣 I didn’t really like them yet travelled a lot of the world as a young Jack Tar. My mother back then said if I come home with one she would take it off with a jam tin lid & she wasn’t a woman to mess with

Covid started & I thought well I’m in my current job til retirement & had nothing to spend money on at the time as I had too many bikes & was out of room for more yet tattoo shops were open here oddly during covid & going stir crazy & not giving a fat rats bum what I look like in meetings. As an older happily established batchelor I was also surprised that whilst bikes scored well in the older dating scene, tattoos seemed to boost it yet again to my amazement. A lot of ladies finally become free in their 50’s & seem to choose a new completely diff path I guess.

I’ve thought about a BSA one. Anything that doesn’t involve skulls or dolphins 🤣

1960 Big Valve Super Rocket

Offline madsens

• A's Good Friend
  • 1962 A10 GF - Fyn, Denmark
« Reply #5 on: 28.02. 2024 14:36 »
Like this?
BSA A10GF 1962
Denmark

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 28.02. 2024 15:23 »
Yes, I got BSA tattooed sideways on my penis. When I get an erection now it spells Birmingham Small Arms
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 28.02. 2024 18:34 »
I have the same. My problem is that it always just says "BSA".

Online Bsareg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 28.02. 2024 21:23 »
I would think about a tattoo on it but as it's a long time since I've seen winky, I could get scammed.
Helston, Cornwall C11,B40,B44 Victor,A10,RGS,M21,Rocket3,REBSA

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 28.02. 2024 22:56 »
i have a rude word tattooed on my tinkler and when my tinkler gets excited it says ScuntHORPE

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 29.02. 2024 07:04 »
Yes, I got BSA tattooed sideways on my penis. When I get an erection now it spells Birmingham Small Arms

Very droll!
On a similar bent (pardon the pun), the fellow using the urinal during the half time break, was fascinated by the tattoo on the penis of the patron standing beside him.
"excuse me sir" he said "forgive my curiosity, but why do you have 'Wool' tattooed on your penis?".

"No problems" replied his affable new-found friend. "It's a tribute to my home town"
"oh? Where's 'Wool'; I'm not familiar with it?"

"Mate; I'm from Woolloomooloo!"

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 29.02. 2024 09:42 »
i have a rude word tattooed on my tinkler and when my tinkler gets excited it says ScuntHORPE
True story: When I worked at BT Planning Office we were able to access telephone data from towns all over the country. We discovered that it was not possible to access Scunthorpe data because the firewall did not like the word in the middle of Scunthorpe. 😁
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 29.02. 2024 12:48 »
Like this?

Madsens,

That is a good tattoo. Good image choice, line work, shape, scale, black saturation, legible and accurate-to-the original text, etc. I really appreciate that the small “TRADE MARK” text can be so easily read.

Richard L.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 29.02. 2024 12:51 »
I have the same. My problem is that it always just says "BSA".
*smile* ROTFLMAO.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: 29.02. 2024 12:58 »
True story: When I worked at BT Planning Office we were able to access telephone data from towns all over the country. We discovered that it was not possible to access Scunthorpe data because the firewall did not like the word in the middle of Scunthorpe. 😁

So, the phone company was no fan of Marvel Comics and decided to bring the hammer down on Thor?

Richard L.