Author Topic: Good Service from SRM  (Read 582 times)

Offline BagONails

• Valued Contributor
Good Service from SRM
« on: 13.02. 2022 00:21 »
I've just ordered some clutch parts from SRM and had such a good experience with them I thought I should give them a shout out on here. (No affiliation)

I had previously replaced chainwheel and clutch adaptor, hub, key and nut etc but I'd rebuilt with the old plates, springs, nuts and pressure plate. Initially I had a low confidence in the bike and didn't want to throw too much money at it until I'd had a chance to ride the thing and establish my priorities. Well it turns out to be not too bad (at least after about 500 miles) but I am suffering clutch slip at higher revs in taller gears. I decided to bite the bullet and having heard much good about SRM's clutch I decided to rebuild with parts from them.

So I went on to their web site and unexpectedly had all sorts of trouble, in fact Musky mentioned a couple of days ago he had the same issue with the site not sorting/filtering parts correctly. I had the same seeing way to many clutch parts for unrelated Notruns and Tryhards etc.

In the end I ordered a couple of major items and paid for them completing the order.  I then sent them an email stating the problems I'd had and listing all the stuff I was trying to buy.  The next day I had an apologetic email back from Stewart regarding the website confirming there was an issue and thanking me for alerting them to it! He also sent a list of the bits with prices confirming yes I could buy all these parts separately (SRM offer a complete clutch assy including their upgraded pressure plate, release bearing and thrust washer etc.) I thanked them and replied with a couple more questions again the answer came back the next day along with a new shipping cost for the combined order. Everything was completed in a couple of days via email and the parts are now on their way to Australia.

To be honest apart from offering me the stuff for free they could not have a happier customer. *beer* Now I'm in the hands of TNT until the parts arrive. Cheers Ian.

Ian
59 GF A10
67 Spitfire under resto
2013 kwaka W800 Desert Sled (ex write off)

Nil Desperandum

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
Re: Good Service from SRM
« Reply #1 on: 13.02. 2022 02:16 »
+1 SRM   *wink2*
Always been good for me
S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6