Author Topic: S/A outer timing cover Wanted  (Read 2315 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: S/A outer timing cover Wanted
« Reply #30 on: 04.11. 2018 23:58 »

Yo're a day late- hopefully ity quilt be off for a while, at least until the next oil change- which will be soon anyway...

Took a couple of pics of the work in progress... there's a logo below 67-287 iodide,  but can't quite rag what it says,  but may look familiar to someone who knows what to look for... all buttoned up now,  just have to seal the small cover and see what happens...
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #31 on: 05.11. 2018 00:31 »
I have not been to the pub, dutch then you drop the maggy nut and spring washer into the case if its manual, but what is the point of this mod unless your having a tacho *dunno*----nearly pub time 12 hours to go

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #32 on: 05.11. 2018 01:08 »

bergs, the theory is so that I don't need to pull the cover if I need to pull the maggie..... *beer*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #33 on: 05.11. 2018 01:34 »
can of worms , very thin fingers, telescopic magnets and o fuck i'me struggling to time this ba*t**d up springs to mind...…--- but if you need to take it off and you are putting it back on using allen screws don't forget to put the long part into the head and tighten using the small leg hence putting a sore spot on the thumb and not stripping the threads ;) *beer* *whistle* *sarcastic*

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #34 on: 05.11. 2018 09:50 »
Hi a101960
Had to read through the thread to see if you got a cover I saw one at the autojumble I was at this weekend, the guys prices appeared quite reasonable and the parts looked good. I have contact details if required and could collect and post them on. I also saw and have previously purchased timing cover screws (fillister headed). These are by a guy who is at most jumbles I have been too ‘paddy’s classic bike parts’, his specialty is AMC stuff but he has had these for a while. Be careful when buying as the odd non filister has crept into some of his sets.
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #35 on: 05.11. 2018 11:31 »

.....Dutch then you drop the maggy nut and spring washer into the case if its manual, but what is the point of this mod unless your having a tacho *dunno*.......

[/quote]

With an  ATD out won't really matter'cos outs all caprice,  but with a manual a small podgy (Or a bristle from a road sweeper *smile*) can be used through a socket or tube spanner after the nut cracked, it shouldn't be a problem... especially if it's magnetized... *bright idea*
 The worst that can happen is to need to pull the cover to retrieve it...woulda had to do it anyway  *dunno*
 Maybe I will add a tacho now that I can.... or at least the drive casing and other visible bits....maybe  *doubt*

PS- I don't heave on the Allen keys much- I've learned to know my limitations- to a degree *eek*
   I'm at a different pub  *beer* from where I started this 8 hrs ago... just out test riding.. *whistle*

Australia

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #36 on: 05.11. 2018 21:04 »
It's a bit hard to decipher the logo, the best i can do on mine is CBM or GBM.
The same is on other covers, carroted and uncarroted. (Pipped and unpipped)   *smile*

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: 06.11. 2018 00:25 »

It's a bit hard to decipher the logo, the best i can do on mine is CBM or GBM.............

I'l try and remember to have a look next time I pull it off- even after this episode it'll be hard to forget, but I reckon I still can... *smile*
Australia