Author Topic: My 1954 A10 rocket seat postion is too high need rear shocks lenght  (Read 715 times)

Offline barry2

• Moving Up
Hi Mates
The seat height on my 1954 Road Rocket is too high, not sure if it the rear shocks too long or the seat position , my shockies are 320mm b/ centers  , can anyone measure theirs please? , also mine has 1/2 brake hubs (F/rear) and a rear rod/ drum on the left is this standard?, not seen anther like it yet
All the best
Barry             
WA

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
Mine are about the same but shrink when my 200lb bulk straddles the machine  *eek*

Your rear brake set up sounds correct for a 54 half width hub
Brake pedal on the left and the brake pulls on the left

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
330 mm on my ‘58 SA when on the centre stand, but like Scotty’s, lowers significantly when putting my bum on... *smile*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
on my 61 super rocket they are 330mm hagons.
when i put these shocks on they lowered the seat/ride height quite a lot, to the point where the bike looks lower at the rear and i scrape much more cornering.
i assume this means even tho the old - very old - shocks which measured the same distance between mounting points presumably did not compress as much - even at rest. i actually preferred the 'old' shocks for look and clearance, tho the new ones for... suspension.
if yours are too high could there be a similar weird aging thing happening in the shocks? beyond my knowledge to explain this.
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline barry2

• Moving Up
Hi Mates
Thanks for the replies, I checked w/ another bike and I'm putting it down to front  and rear springs too firm ( i have rear on min' setting ) and the seat hard, so I will put up with it for a while at least
all the best
Barry
WA

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Since we’re on the subject of seat height, weight etc I’m concerned as I’ve never been on my bike, never riden a BSA and I’m 6’5” tall with a weight of 330lbs.  *eek* *red*

I hope when I’m all done it can handle me!

There’s a reason why American bike are big lol

Offline Jules

• Resident Legend
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
just fyi, when I had the A7 back in the 60's I was 6'4 and weighed about 170 lb and I used to think it was a big bike  back then - it managed to throw me over the handlebars one day when I was pushing it up the front steps (wasn't allowed to start it until I was on the road, too noisey!) and it started to fall away from me, so instead of letting go I tried to stop it! No problem for me and my (later) wife to cruise around on (except she was 5'2")  *smile*

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
I switched on to my A10 from a CD175 back in the day and it felt huge. It feels kind of moped sized now.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza