Author Topic: Need Road Rocket parts  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Housewiz

• A's Good Friend
Need Road Rocket parts
« on: 25.08. 2012 00:06 »
Just bought a '55 Road Rocket project.  Need both fenders, both wheels, both exhaust pipes, and recomended sources for those parts.

This Forum is amazing and gave me the confidence to buy a project vs a complete bike.

Not sure how to post photos of the bike.  I'm sure some of you guys will chime in.

I have been collecting and restoring 40 year-old electric lawn tractors and figured it's time to make some Brit exhaust noise. www.watts-up-elec-traks.com

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Need Road Rocket parts
« Reply #1 on: 25.08. 2012 08:24 »
Hi Housewiz enjoy your project it can be great fun but can also be very frustrating. There are numerous parts suppliers depending where you are. in the uk there is C and D Autos, Draganfly, SRM Engineering and possible a hundred others
all the best Goldy
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline Housewiz

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 25.08. 2012 14:11 »
Hey Goldy,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm in the US, upstate New York.  Selling off some of my electric tractor parts today to make room for the Road Rocket.  Hopefully I am still young enough to kick start the bike by the time all the missing parts are found.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 25.08. 2012 15:55 »
Steve (right?),

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to know you were able to find an interesting project here in the states.  I'm in the Chicago area and also have a '55 RR (kinda')  bike.

For fenders,  I think your best hope will be eBay or here on the forum. How hard your search will be will depend on how original you' re going. Finding Indian-made versions should be pretty easy. Finding originals means a careful watch on eBay searching the U. S.  version as well as ebay.co.uk and using the words "bsa mudguard"  and "bsa fender" in separate searches (I think).

For rims, Central Wheel in the UK is the big supplier and manufacturer

For wheel rims,  Central Wheel in the UK is the big supplier.  Bucannan's in California ( www.buchananspokes.net/ ) is one of their big dealers.

Right now, I must run and will add more in a few hours.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 25.08. 2012 15:58 »
Edited my previous post due to problems typing on cell phone.

Offline Housewiz

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 25.08. 2012 16:16 »
Excellent reply.  Interested in original parts as a 1st choice. Realistically, I may have to entertain the India connection for sheetmetal as I hope to be riding the bike by next year.  So far two shops have quoted $4K to re-build a motor.  40 years away from motorcycles has given me sticker shock!!  It's a good thing this bike comes with a spare motor - having that sitting on my bench will shorten the learning curve.

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 26.09. 2018 18:27 »
Hello how did you make out with the bike?  Jeff

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 05.10. 2018 23:30 »
I’m in Fort Lauderdale Florida and the best place to get Parts from here in US is Baxter Cycle in Ohio, Chris is a great guy and puts allot of work on his site.
As for wheels, Devon Wheel Company is the best place to get Rims and spokes from. They’re pricey but get what you pay for.
As others have said, how original you want it and keep searching eBay and will find them eventually.
Avoid Indian made products, they’re garbage, the fit and finish is not great.

If you have a smart phone, choose attach picture and choose the desired picture in your folder.

Looking forward to seeing the bike.

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #8 on: 06.10. 2018 00:35 »
Nearly 4 years since his last post. He's either too busy riding or he gave up.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7