Author Topic: Selling off bikes and parts  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
Selling off bikes and parts
« on: 17.02. 2018 11:47 »
The time has now come that I am getting rid of all my BSA stuff. I have my 1958 A10, 1955 A10 plunger ,and my 1949 A7 twin carby. The worst part is most of you all are over seas but someone here in the US has got to have some interest. They are all in running condition and I have numerous extra parts to go with them including two extra LS motors, a plunger roller frame, extra tanks, cases, A10 plunger motor and on and on. I just don't have the time to enjoy this hobby anymore life is to short. I live in Kenosha Wisconsin please pm me if interested...

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Selling off bikes and parts
« Reply #1 on: 17.02. 2018 12:07 »
 *sad*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 17.02. 2018 12:47 »

That;s a heck of a shame DB, but at times we all need to be realistic with regard to our situations....I trust all your bikes & bits will find good home(s)....and the acquireres ('spellcheck' don't like that *bash*) will find their way here..All the best (Chewbacca *smile*)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 17.02. 2018 15:32 »
Best of luck Drew, really like that grey one .
I will be selling one (been saying that for two years now) soon as I get the front mudguard repainted bit to cold to risk spraying it at the moment, it's a wrench indeed but I still have one left so not down and out yet
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #4 on: 17.02. 2018 15:51 »
Things happen in life, either the bike(s) gets rid of the owner, or the owner gets rid of the bike(s) :O)
(In my circunstance, I am just in the middle of the two :O)

Good luck, and no regrets once a decision is taken. The bikes (and parts) will surely find some good homes (and good roads), and new owners may find their way to the forum.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline harvey mushman

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 17.02. 2018 21:04 »
its good to see some old bikes getting the chance to be ridden again, far too many end up in a massive collection that generally stagnates and eventually get sold by auction to dealers.

Good on you for making the decision in a timely manner, whatever the reason is.

Good luck

derek

Offline CotswoldsA7

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 18.02. 2018 11:47 »
Sad decision DB but hopefully all will go to a good home.
All the best for future. Chris.

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #7 on: 24.04. 2018 18:32 »
It's a strange thing but the 'life is too short' thing was a big part of the reason why I wanted to get riding again.  Obviously, I don't know personal circumstances and would never question them, it's just odd the way life twists and turns. 

I lost a really close brother in a motorcycle accident back in 1983.  It was his fault entirely (not looking behind properly doing a U turn on a fast A road).  The car that hit him broadside at 60 mph had no chance of avoiding him.  I was 18 and he was 19 and we rode together all over the place.  Initially, I said to my devastated parents I didn't want to stop riding, which they said was ok but were probably worried sick.  Six years later, I gave up biking for their sake.  20 years on, married with two teenage boys, I said I wanted to return to my biking days which I loved so much.  My wife was surprisingly positive about it (not sure why???!!!), but I've not looked back since.

I still think about staying safe for my wife's and the boys' sake but, hey, who knows what the future holds and nobody lives forever.  All I can say is celebrate and enjoy the things you love now - you can't allow yourself to live life in fear of the future.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 24.04. 2018 19:16 »
...who knows what the future holds and nobody lives forever.  All I can say is celebrate and enjoy the things you love now - you can't allow yourself to live life in fear of the future.

I do so agree. My kids have all got their own lives now and I have retired. I'm enjoying making up for all the years I didn't ride my BSA. Also, I'm very much more sensible on the roads than I was back then.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #9 on: 24.04. 2018 21:33 »
G'day DB.
It would have been a hard decision but we do as we have to do.
I agree with all the sentiments shown above.
 Except for one, "I'm very much more sensible on the roads than I was back then". I still ride like I'm on the track!
All the best mate and good luck.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 25.04. 2018 12:30 »
The guy who gave me his H1 Kawa (albeit in a million pieces) lost a brother riding back in the day. One of four brothers, they were riding in line when one of them drifted out in a turn and hit an oncoming car head on. He (my contact that is) continued to ride although has since given it all up. His family is perhaps an odd one, but there is still some bitterness there as to who was to blame. 

I have two daughters in their mid-20s who have no interest. I’ve not taken a break from riding since I was 17. Of course there is a price to pay, and like many of us I have aches and pains and some mobility issues from the bumps and breaks incurred along the way. I suppose that we all have to accept that if we keep riding we will keep crashing. I had a big grin on my face that first ride on the public highway, and I still wear it now.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #11 on: 26.04. 2018 13:12 »
nicely put CB, we'll be sorry to lose you Drew , take care !
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 23.06. 2018 02:11 »
Both great bikes! I’m sure you will have interest up north, wish you was in Florida, if so I would be interested and hope they both find a great home.
Just hope they won’t be broken down to parts, that’s a sad sight to always see and be sure the decision you’ve made is what you want.