Author Topic: FOR SALE - 1950 BSA A7 - 'Mostly' restored, not re-assembled $7500  (Read 432 times)

Offline Tedzosbsa

• Active
I am selling my 1950 BSA A7 longstroke, rigid frame.  I purchased assembled, began restoring and am now having to part with for various personal reasons.

This bike is legally titled. (Massachusetts)

The following components have been completely restored;
Gas tank - (probably not original 1949/50) restored by Ross Thompson in Ontario, Can.
Magneto and Generator re-built/re-wired and bench tested.
Mufflers/Exhaust/Jones 19" wheels-with new spokes/all chrome has been professionally re-chromed.
Engine/Timing cases - blasted and polished.  Engine re-bored to +.02 with new pistons by Don Hutchinson Wakefield, MA
Frame (slight damage to top rim of yoke - photo available) re-painted (black)
All tinware and frame components re-painted (black)
Smiths speedometer - restored

All minor components, fasteners, sundries, etc. are present and accounted for, except for the battery and a set of tires.

I would very much like to sell this bike to one buyer as a project bike so that it can be finished as a restore or at least used for parts on another A7 restore project, but I will eventually part it out if necessary.

I have many more photos and details available for anyone making a serious inquiry.  Please reach out to me here on the forum and we can exchange details.

Terms:
$7500 obo
Cash or certified check only. (if a buyer insists on using an electronic means of purchase I will only consider that with the understanding that nothing will ship until the funds move into my bank account - not my electronic account, but my physical bank account, and the transaction actually settles and those funds are available to me)
Buyer pays for any/all shipping costs.
Sale is final.

Thank you,
Tedzo