Author Topic: Just Joined an Old Newbie !!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline oldnyk

• Moving Up
Re: Just Joined an Old Newbie !!
« Reply #15 on: 18.02. 2018 22:03 »
Welcome to the forum from another 'old' newbie. I don't but could spend most of the day on here. Always something to learn. Chris.

Know what you mean Chris  *smile*,these Toys we all have and Retirement Sucks EH  *eek* !!!.Hope you had a good day in the lovely Cotswold's mate,regards.Graham.

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 18.02. 2018 22:42 »
Welcome. I'm at Leamington Spa so not too far away from you.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Alex kettle

• A's Good Friend
  • 1960 bsa a10
« Reply #17 on: 19.02. 2018 22:14 »
Hope you get it running soon. I love the sound of my a10 when I fire it up. Brings the biggest smile to my face just to hear it. Makes the agro these bikes give you sometimes well worth it. Keep us updated with your progress. All the best

Offline oldnyk

• Moving Up
« Reply #18 on: 21.02. 2018 18:34 »
Cheers Greybeard and Alex.................Update about my A10.

My friends Ken and Jo the couple I trained with sought out a couple of old friends of theirs from years ago on my behalf Knowing they are very good with the Bikes. They are Twin Brothers who have always been into Brit Bikes. Would you believe they both came over to my place and drooled over the Bike and promptly started to check it out. They were both very knowledgeable indeed, tried starting with no luck, checked spark, plugs etc then reverted to the timing of the Mag taking side plate off to access Mag drive. All double de-gook to me I'm afraid.

After numerous checks and checking the timing again, also taking out the points to check into the Mag and boy they would not give up, I felt a bit guilty as they had never met me before this and said we consider you a friend now, we Bikers have to help each other they said  *smile* *smile* *smile*.

A few cups of tea later and biscuits one of them noticed something wrong inside the Mag after taking it off the Bike. A bit too technical for me as to what it was. They put it all back together and Hey Presto 2 kicks and there was a lovely roaring noise around the house. I did an Irish Jig  *smile* *smile* *smile*. Wow what a great feeling it was. I feel so lucky to have met another couple of such good friends. I would have gladly paid them for their time and efforts and did offer but was quickly chastised saying they would not accept anything and they were really glad to help and they too were exited about getting the Bike running. Will get round to putting a picture of the Bike on when the weather permits.

Cheers all. Graham.

adm edit: added spaces after punctuations, and a some line shifts. Makes things much more readable without straining the eyes :O)

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #19 on: 21.02. 2018 19:25 »
 *yeah* You meet the nicest people with a BSA.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7