Author Topic: A10SF Superflash wanted  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Andyhosie

• A's Good Friend
    • www.bsarocketman.com
Re: A10SF Superflash wanted
« Reply #30 on: 02.06. 2017 23:06 »
Na that's two you know of isn't it Mike  *smile* *smile* *smile* ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Cheers,
Andy
58 A10 Special
54 Super Flash
Always Looking for A10/A7 Parts

bsarocketman.com

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #31 on: 23.06. 2017 10:16 »
I have run across 2 of them over the years,, and part of the reason I joined here is to network with the knowledge base about a possible 'nother one or variation.
They are super rare, Myles Raymond of Scotland had on his old website some great material and many years ago I corresponded frequently with him researching these rare beasts.. at that time not a lot of info out there.  I used to have 2 plunger A10s (now one) and at one point was going to build one of them as a "BSA HotFlash" tribute bike.
I also had a super rare correct Superflash gas tank (petrol) that came from Australia.  About 7-8 years back I saw a SuperFlash being sold on Feebay and it was missing the tank.  In a fit of remorse it seemed bad Karma that I had one and that bike did not. So,  I contacted the seller. He connected me with the buyer on FeeBay who was very pleased to hear from me.

I waffled a bit as we both knew how valuable the tank was,, An auction on eBay would have probably been well attended.  I also had <Cough> Material needs as well.. I did not want to take advantage either. In the end I think we made a fair deal and the buyer got my tank.  Perhaps that guy is on here? Would love to know how it worked out.
(The tanks for the Plunger SuperFlash differ slightly, the mere mortals and general public would NEVER know the difference, but it is a significant detail to get right)
Here is 2 pix i slurped recently researching another possible Superflash.
I also have some rare literature from Hap Alzina I might scan if theres interest.

Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline a

• Valued Contributor

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #33 on: 10.07. 2017 07:05 »
A rare as they are, and as nice as yours is, the big question is $35,000 being reasonable?
Nothing reasonable about collecting these old bits of iron, and sane and rational people need not apply, but lets be honest.  A Goldstar has panache and instant recognition as a blue chip investment bike. 
(As my old guru Goldstar Ron used to say, "You can S**T in a box, write Goldstar on it and it will sell for LOTS of money on eBay").
While other models are more rare (TR6SC) the T120C/T120TT bikes also command a premium as investment quality bikes.
But the Superflash is an obscure and relatively unknown bike model. Even knowledgeable BSA owners often react as "Huh?" or have no idea what they are.

So, your bike is VERY nice! Without a doubt. But it WILL be interesting to see if it sells and how long that might take.  So hopefully you set the market trend on this and elevate the rest of them out there.  I have some very rare vintage firearms including one from an Austrian manuf and a expert on such guns once told me that they are so rare that its either worth nothing or worth a small fortune, but until I put it up for auction or sale its impossible to set a value.  Golden Flashs are relatively common, and a SuperFlash is not unheard of but very few come up for sale so it WILL be very interesting.
Cheers!  *smiley4* *smiley4*
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline a

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 10.07. 2017 08:02 »
Thanks Sluggo, and yes you hit the nail on the head... Something rare is either worth a lot, or worth nothing as not a lot know about it.
To be 100% honest, we don't want to sell it, nor do we need to. We have two here (the green, and a Nutley blue one). Both are restored to same condition, and when looking at clearing room for more bikes or parts, it seems like the poor old green one is the first choice as we already have one.
The bike is exactly as it left the showroom floor, and a matching number bike. As I said, we don't want (or really need) to sell it, but if that right person came along that wanted one and matched that figure, we would fire it up and let them ride out on it... Other than that we are quite happy to have it here and "take up room"  ;)

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #35 on: 11.07. 2017 06:00 »
 I go the other way from sluggo.

Give me a "one year wonder" over any vehicle that has been faked to death.

I myself would feel confident sending Mike a check with a minimum look over of his bike.

I would probably have to have 10 members here poke and prod at a Rocket Gold Star for sale, and even then I would feel queezy about a purchase thinking that it could be a very, very good fake.

Plus, that green is the best color BSA ever had IMO. *smile*

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.