Author Topic: Longstroke Progress  (Read 596 times)

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
Longstroke Progress
« on: 30.09. 2016 13:42 »
It has taken a long time to get this far close to running but ran into some mag problems

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: Longstroke Progress
« Reply #1 on: 04.10. 2016 04:43 »
Are those little baffles in the ends of the open pipes?
Reminds me a little of my mates later plunger nick named the PA10 because of its long term primer paint job
Getting there  *wink2*
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 04.10. 2016 12:25 »
Yes they are little baffles that I made from old sportster pipes.It will eventually be black but I just ran out of steam for the finish work.I got it fired up this weekend for about 30 seconds but am having mag issues(stripped out end cover screw)I hope to be riding it before the snow falls..

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 04.10. 2016 14:18 »
I'm liking it just the way it is.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 04.10. 2016 15:32 »
Maybe others have done better, but my experience with baffles in pipes (not mufflers) was pure aggravation. '74 Bonneville with crossover drag pipes. Spent a year or two rejetting, playing with timing, etc. and never happy with the performance. Finally got a '68 parts bike and put factory exhaust and mufflers on it. Way better. Without room for exhaust gas to expand, baffles seem to be not much better than sticking a potato in the pipe. Your experience, I hope, will be better. Bike is looking good.

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 16.10. 2016 21:58 »
Just a little update took it for a spin after all bugs worked out starts and runs great shift real nice sounds quite a bit diferent from my A10 now the bad news the gas tank is leaking pretty bad from the rear seam and I did use the caswell sealer followed directions to the letter what rotten luck I guess it could be worse (newly Painted)They really are a pleasure to ride no regrets...