Author Topic: Wanted: Original 19" Jones Rims for the 1962 Full Width Hubs  (Read 562 times)

Offline Royalcrown32

• Moving Up
Like the title says I'm looking for a pair of 19" Jones Rims for my 1962 Super Rocket. They have to be in a good (preferably NOS) condition.

Thanks, Richard

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Richard,
 its great to know there are still optimists in the world... but I don't fancy your chances.
More realistic might be a pair that can be rechromed... but then isnt the EU looking to phase out chroming  *dunno*
Luckily we can still get high quality triple plating done over here.
But good luck and let us know how you go.
Tim
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
a mate had Jones rims re chromed, it wasn't a success, plater told him they don't like re chroming rims as the spoke holes tear their mops to bits ???

I've put a set of stainless rims on one of my bikes, they look really good
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
I've put a set of stainless rims on one of my bikes, they look really good
Ditto, rims and spokes
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Royalcrown32

• Moving Up
Richard,
 its great to know there are still optimists in the world... but I don't fancy your chances.
More realistic might be a pair that can be rechromed... but then isnt the EU looking to phase out chroming  *dunno*
Luckily we can still get high quality triple plating done over here.
But good luck and let us know how you go.
Tim

Hi Tim,

A pair that can be rechromed works for me too. I recently had the rims of the '60 Super Rocket that I'm working on rechromed and they turned out pretty good considering that they were badly rusted. But the rims on my '62 Super Rocket are in a sorry state (silver paint over rust) and I can't find the Jones stamping on them too so I'm trying to find another pair for it.

Cheers, Richard