Author Topic: Chronometric speedo required, any condition for rebuild for my A10.  (Read 808 times)

Offline beesa71

• Moving Up
Hi folks,

Can anyone help please. I am in need of a non-working/tatty/ratty core unit to get rebuilt for my bike. Any condition/specification really so long as it's not seized solid or rusted up internally.

Good price paid.

Can you help me?

Regards to all forum members for Xmas and 2016.

Paul (Warrington, UK).

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
...non-working/tatty/ratty core unit to get rebuilt for my bike. Any condition/specification really so long as it's not seized solid or rusted up internally...
Funny you should say that. A few years ago I was walking somewhere and spotted a lump of something laying in the road. I investigated and was amazed to discover that it was most of a chronometric speedo head. Gawd knows how it came to be there; there can't be that many being thrown away! I've looked inside and it's rather 'tired' but may be useful to you. You are welcome to have it for the cost of postage; PM me your address; I'll send to you.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
ah , so thats where my speedo vibrated off. i didnt notice it was missing until the mot.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
You have to have a speedo????? Don't see the point, just excess weight. Vibration or valve float tell means you're rev'ing too high. Panic braking into corners, you're going too fast. What fascist state requires a speedometer????? *smile*

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
just fitted is all, they don't check they are working none of my earlier A10's ever had a working speedo, just attached where they should be satisfied the examiner .  Thinking back in one shed ( where we kept our bikes ) we had a box full of chromos, all knackered but do I wish I'd kept it instead of just slinging the the whole lot at some stage.  *problem* *bash*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
Hey nice avatar GB, and with that kind offer - 'tis the season to be jolly.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
 afraid ratty tatty is a thing of the past a  very rare item requires rebuild £££££££££££££

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Did you find one? I've got a spare late chronometric off a velocette spare
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand