Author Topic: Sale: BSA A10 Plunger frame project-Core for resto or?  (Read 755 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
I have been dragging my feet on selling this, We were originally going to build a His & hers pair of these and instead I need to downsize the sheer volume of projects I have.

*I have material needs!*

So, a presale offer here before the dreaded FeeBay. Preference to a true enthusiast.(I would like to see this on the road someday

This has been in storage for over 25 years that I know of, and came from a local shop that closed down many years ago.  (The owner sold most of his material possessions and joined the rainbow family).  The motor is frozen and will need a full teardown but I think its rebuildable and no real surprises inside to my knowledge.    While cleaning the grunge I removed the motor and rocker box and from what I can see it looks good internally.

I am loosely mocking it up and was missing forks and wheels but I have sourced some and fitting them as we speak.  I have collected many parts over the years and some flexibility over these.  (I have multiple tanks and other bits)  Originally fenders were UN-OB-TAIN-IUM so I got a used pair of Norton Atlas fenders as well as some beat up later A10 Super rocket fenders with the idea of "Close enough".  I can include these or, repops are now availible pretty cheap online
albeit many are made in India.

I have a new gasket set and some other odds and ends that go as well.  Includes a Factory workshop manual as well as Factory parts book, and a wide assortment of service bulletins that cover this period

For someone who wishes to perhaps hot rod it, I can also consider offering some hot rod parts to build a "HOTFLASH" or perhaps attempt a Superflash tribute bike.  (late model crank and rods, 356/357 cam, Alloy late style big valve head, and POSSIBLY High Comp pistons.

I will update pictures this weekend and any other details just ask.  I am located in Oregon USA and will work with shipper of your choice but I wont go out looking for bids and estimates. Thats on you.  I am willing to deliver within reason to the city or nearby areas.  I also can crate for a fee.  I cannot make any promises on shipping to the UK but I DO have a friend who will be shipping a container of bikes and parts back to the UK at the end of August and POSSIBLE for a fee he MIGHT allow it to be lumped in.

I dont have a US state title but I can provide a legit Notarized Bill of sale and a State DMV VIN inspection form which are both legal instruments and are the basis for issuance of a title in most states. I have shipped overseas many bikes using these 2 documents and no problems but depends on your country.  (Germany, Scotland, England, Australia so far).

$2850  ONO (or near offer). 
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline Sluggo

• Resident Legend
Re: BSA A10 Plunger frame project-Core for resto or?
« Reply #1 on: 05.08. 2017 20:20 »
I checked the numbers and it appears its a 1951?
Frame number is:
ZA7S 14733
Engine is
ZA10 5761
When I got the bike that was the engine in it so I assume they left the factory together but who knows.  Its a project bike that came from a shop long ago.  More details soon.
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 26.09. 2017 14:21 »
Hi Mate, the suspense is killing me.... have you sold it, or broken your camera with the long wait on the shots?

Offline Sluggo

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 26.09. 2017 20:55 »
Uuhhh,,,, *eek*  Wow, its been a while since i dealt with that issue. I was in a push to offload some projects and DID end up selling some other ones (BUT NOT THIS ONE YET!) And being summer time here in the US, I got busy with other issues.   It IS still availible and I can get some pictures updated soon when I get home. (I will be offline for a few days)