Author Topic: New Member Gus  (Read 583 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
New Member Gus
« on: 26.07. 2015 18:11 »
Hi Chaps, I am new to the forum

Gus,

Welcome to the forum.  *welcome*. Hope you find it a friendly and helpful place. An introduction post is usually the ticket, telling a little about your bike(s) and how you came to be into A7/A10s. Oh, and maybe some pictures eventually.

Regard,

Richard L.

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
Re: New Member Gus
« Reply #1 on: 26.07. 2015 21:21 »
Hi Richard,

I have had a 1960 A10 for 16 years now.  I am a Dubliner living in Kent in the UK.  I have been riding bikes on and off since I was 17. I went to a classic bike show in Chatham Dockyard ( where HMS Victory was built) some years ago and got talking to some of the chaps on the BSA Kent Branch stand.
Following which I bought my bike from a chap on the south coast. It was a bit worse for year but it was not expensive but over the years I got it sorted.  During June this year I took it with four of my friends for a 15 day tour of the south of France, Catolinia in Northern Spain and then to a rally in Provence in all covering 1400 miles.  The bike did very well with just a little clutch slip towards the end of the tour but I wish I could say the same for my bottom. I now know why cowboys complained of a sore bottom after a long ride!  I will be taking it to Belgium in September for a rally in Ostende and hopefully she will take it in her stride.  This is the bike I use for longer journeys but I also have a 1947 BSA M20 rigid with girder forks, a 1946 rigid AJS M16 and a 1964 Triumph TRW 500 twin sidevalve military bilke.  I am a member of the Kent Branch BSA owners club and the Men of Kent Branch of the VMCC. Am now retired which gives me time to fettle and ride my motorcycles.
Hope that tells you something about me.  Gus.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 26.07. 2015 22:21 »
Fantastic story. Very impressive long rides. Very impressive stable of horses available for bum aches. Thanks for posting and looking forward to hearing more from you. Pictures of A10s in the south of France are always nice.

Richard L.

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 26.07. 2015 23:06 »
Not sure I can do this but here is a picture of my bike on the rally in Catalonia.

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 26.07. 2015 23:14 »
Sorry Richard I attached the wrong picture, here goes again!

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 27.07. 2015 01:00 »
Nice. A well-heeled reliable rider. Also, that's an interesting way to setup a clutch.

Richard L.