Author Topic: Near finished 59 Gold Flash  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
Near finished 59 Gold Flash
« on: 10.04. 2013 11:11 »
Hi Guys,
Well just had to get the Gold Flash together for a few pics'. Here she is with the old pipes and mufflers/silencers as well as the dented tank. Will replace those as and when funds allow  ;-(  Have yet to try starting her as yet...
Cheers Gerry

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Near finished 59 Gold Flash
« Reply #1 on: 10.04. 2013 11:20 »
Nice clean and tidy bike Gerry

Have yet to try starting her as yet..
- a man of  infinite patience compared to the rest of us I think
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 10.04. 2013 11:47 »
 Good one Gerry. Put a rack on the back for a swag and you will never use that caravan again. There's an idea, sell it for bike funds  *whistle*.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 10.04. 2013 13:42 »
Hi Bill, thanx for that, it has been a headache at times but isn't that the satisfaction in the end? Hi Muskrat, If I was to sell the van my other half would spend the funds on a Med' cruise!!!! But I'd appreciate you having a talk to her mate and maybe try and get a bit of sense into her...lol I am going to register her without going through classic reg' as that is getting to be a pain in the butt, stat' dec' every year from the BSA club. $160 a year for Gov' insurance plus GST (read VAT) only allowed to use it for 90 days per year, must carry a log book with details of where you are going every trip dated and signed and be a current BSA Club member. I have just won a headlamp shroud with the chrome flashes each side from Feebay as I am toying with the idea of putting her back to UK Gold Flash trim, just need the guards and fork shrouds. Then I also might decide to go replica Rocket as it is fitted with the thick flange barrel and I have already scored a twin carb alloy head. Just need the large journal crank and rods and high comp' pistons.....anyone got a chronometric speedo??? Cheers Gerry

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 10.04. 2013 13:58 »
...I am going to register her without going through classic reg' as that is getting to be a pain in the butt, stat' dec' every year from the BSA club. $160 a year for Gov' insurance plus GST (read VAT) only allowed to use it for 90 days per year, must carry a log book with details of where you are going every trip dated and signed and be a current BSA Club member.

Bloody 'ell! Where in the world are you?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 10.04. 2013 14:19 »
Hi Neil, I am situated in Adelaide, South Australia and the weather is now liveable at around 26C . Cheers Gerry

adm edit: added a flag\city link in your profile ;O)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 10.04. 2013 14:42 »
Hi Neil, I am situated in Adelaide, South Australia and the weather is now liveable at around 26C . Cheers Gerry

Since November last year UK vehicles registered earlier than 1960 no longer require an annual roadworthiness test. Owners are wondering if this is a sweetener prior to restrictions over the use of older vehicles being introduced such as those you mentioned.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 10.04. 2013 15:50 »
Gerry looks like my bike you have there, same set up, same colour etc. But I bet that yours is better, well done mate.

Colin

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #8 on: 10.04. 2013 21:00 »
 You need to skip across the border to NSW. Not as bad re restrictions for club rego. $53 a year. I only need to log in if I'm going more than 30K's from home and then it's only a phone call to the club plate registrar. (I'm the Pres of the local club [SCMC] and carry a big stick LOL)
But if you had 4 A10's you could ride every day of the year.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7