Author Topic: New convert from modern sportsbikes... with a few questions....  (Read 2475 times)

Offline metalflake11

• Resident Legend
SRM conversion to timing side..................Very good indeed!
road rocket camshaft...............................Fine.
polished con rods....................................Good.
thick flange cylinder 58 type.....................A wise choice.
HD valve springs.....................................Good.
speedo rebuilt by joe shaw?.....................Don't know.
new primary chain...................................Good.
new endless chain...................................OK.
new clutch basket...................................Good, now fit SRM pressure plate and top hat with roller bearing.
35 amp fuse fitted to lighting circuit..........Seems a bit much, I have always ran on 10 amp without problems.
              All the casings that were presented to SRM will have been etched with the job number for the conversion. Get that number and phone Gary and he will tell you what work they carried out. As far as the sludge trap is concerned, I would stake my mortgage on it having been cleaned out at the time.
                 Good luck with the bike!

England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline andy

• A's Good Friend
  • and so the fun begins !!
hi mate.........there are no daft questions you either know the answer or dont and if you dont ask  you`ll get the answer here and don`t forget to keep the legend alive its up to people like you and me who wern`t around when they were been made to keep asking the questions and taking a intrest (unlike other make clubs i`ve been to with my dad *rant*) im also asking and learning ride safe and enjoy.............andy.
only 2 things needed in life wd40 and duck tape....if it moves and shouldn`t use tape if it don`t move and should use wd40.

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
..and now for a serious answer - Take your AA/RAC card with you!!!
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.