Author Topic: I know - done to death...Supplier for A7 plunger pipes please!  (Read 2119 times)

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
A plunger A10 set should be different to a plunger A7 set as the exhaust ports are slightly lower on a A7.

This is where it gets difficult though, you really dont know how well any exhausts will fit until you try them.

As you are in the UK you possibly have the option of returning them if they dont fit

Andyozz

I have recently purchased a set of A10 exhaust silencers and pipes from Brituro in Birmingham

These are a good pattern to the original silencers with baffles for correct exhaust back pressure, and the correct cutout for the centre stand to fit into.
Unlike the units supplied by Armours which have no Baffles, just a modern wadding rapped around a hollow perforated steel plate (similar to modern high performance exhaust systems) and the centre stand recess is a dent produced by what looks like a ball pien hammer.

The A10 and A7 engines require correct back pressure to make the engine run smoothly

http://www.brituro.co.uk

Toby

Just like to mention that some of the sites selling bits are offering Cadmium Plated stuff.
This is only available from India or China and I suppose the quality is not going to be very good also sale of Cadmium plated stuff is restricted in the EU.
I don't know if the USA still allows Cadmium Plating but to avoid embrittlement of the parts, the plating process has to be spot on.

Offline Senno

• Active
I have just had a system for an ariel from armours and it fits well.It wasn't stupid money either.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
Umm exhaust pipes - stuff nightmares are made of!

Armours cost me a fortune so I'm afraid no good comments from me - although I used them based on the good reputation they HAD when I was a youth.  How things change! 

As for Wassels - as with my previous comments it depends which Wassels you buy from.  I heard the Lincolnshire based Wassel were to be avoided.
I finally got my pipes from Wassels at Cannock - these were not a perfect fit and required a bit of fettling but a dammed sight closer than Armours; and more importantly to me they fitted them for me.
Customer service will almost always win over rude and arrogant attitudes that belong in the 19th century - say no more. *rant*

I still have Tim Wassl's mobile number - pm if required..
Also could send pics if required?

RR