Author Topic: Wtd - head feed oil tank banjo for an A7 plunger...please???  (Read 5167 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Heya Al-900,
                  I had a reply from Roger at Draganfly. He said they do the bottom banjo separately, seems 65-1547 has become Pn# 67-161B. I replied that someone else was also in need, so you may want to call, and quote that number.

Alternately, I called in at Pirtek the other day, and they have a 10mm hydraulic hose tail I reckon would do the job with countersinks, just needs the pressed-on swage cut off, but dumbie me didn't take a picture or get a number, figuring I wouldn't need it.

Cheers,duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Hi Dutch, still taking the medication I hope ? ie beer . I don't think the s/w arm bit you ordered will do any good as they fix into the back of the tank whilst your plunger is connected at the bottom re the connection as I recall my first plunger used the banjo with a short run of pipe and then a push fit rubber  pipe which then joined the pipe running to the rocker feed ,very basic but worked and never gave any problems best of luck BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Thanks Bob, You're probably dead right, on all counts- medication (this bike has cost me more in beer than I care to think)

The S/A Banjo I knew would not work, but thought maybe an 'adaptation', but never fear, I just got off the phone to Lauren at Draganfly, to swap the S/A one for the 67-161B, which Roger said was the stand-alone bottom pipe, like yours. I'll post a pic when it turns up.

It's been a handy diversion, as I've had a chance to find other bits I never knew existed(or hadn't looked).
 Cheers, duTch

Sent a PM to Alan 900 Tripre too, in case not on here
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
Hi Dutch - thanks for the info and PM.

I went down to my local Pirtek this week also and have bought a 10mm metric banjo which seems ideal for the job. I am going to put on a small chamfer each end of the banjo to ensure a seal but even as it is it seems to seal okay - see photos.

Part number is:

899 - 10 - 04 (899 series metric banjo) which cost me £8.83.

Cheers - Alan

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/900triple/IMG_3725a.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/900triple/IMG_3724a.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/900triple/IMG_3721a.jpg

adm edit: img links removed, use photobucket clickable thumbnails.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened

You're all over it Al, that looks like the bit I saw,(~A$12) minus swage, I don't have the other bits anyway,(should be posted a few hours ago) so would need to wait for those to arrive before I could 'modify', and if this other banjo is correct- jobs done. I'll send a pic when it turns up.
         cheers, duTch

PS my banjo will end up costing me about $180...including other bits..!
Australia

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Has long as you maintain the correct beer to parts ratio ie $80 parts -$100 beer all will be well with the universe !!! regards BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened

That's actually $180 in parts, lots of bits n pieces, clutch springs and cover nuts and stuff that adds up quickly. Actually when this bike ever hits the road, the beer will have to find another home or else- no ridin', so just taking the chance to get rid of the novelty........yeh sure !!
  Cheers for now
Australia

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
This is like a London bus!!!!!! Can't find one and now two solutions come along at the same time...

Check this out on Ebay - 280778348867 - £1.99 plus postage. Crap!!!

Anyway my Pirtek solution - albeit at 4x the price of this wee beauty has worked so so far so good.

Cheers

Alan

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
You could get one as well, and feed each rocker  *smile*.....and not to forget the draganfly solution = 3....!
Australia