Author Topic: New member N.E. Scotland  (Read 995 times)

Offline slick

• Active
New member N.E. Scotland
« on: 08.08. 2011 20:50 »
Hi Guys, Thanks for having me on here.
Just thought I would introduce myself, the name is Vic from N.E.Scotland.
Some may already know me as take part in a lot of classic bike events and vintage rallys.
I have just got a 1957 Golden Flash in THOUSANDS of bits so will no doubt be seeking help as I put it together. I did have an A10 some years ago so am not too green and have some info on it.
It would be good to hear from / meet others in the area to swap info or parts etc.
The other bikes I have are, 2 Bantams, a C15, BMW R75/6 and R75/7, Triamaha - it`s a Yamaha TD2B prod racer with a 500 Triumph engine, Benelli 175 Normale 4T, Suzuki TC 200, Le Mans 2 Black/Gold, Morini 3 1/2, Kawasaki KH 125, as well as a collection of mostly BSA stationary engines and other stuff but think that will bore you enough for now. *smile*
Vic.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: New member N.E. Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 08.08. 2011 21:43 »
Hello & Welcome, we all like to see 1000's of bits becoming a fine bike, and you'll get good help here if needed. Post pictures as the work progresses.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline slick

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 09.08. 2011 15:03 »
Hi, Thanks for the welcome.
I also forgot to say that I work at sea on a month on month off basis and we dont have internet access yet so please understand if you dont get a reply while I am at sea, I go off on Sunday for 28days.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 09.08. 2011 16:32 »
Sounds like an adventure. Mind sharing what kind of ship and what you do on it. Sorry if that's nosey, but such things are interesting/exciting to those of us with much more land-locked lives.

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 09.08. 2011 18:00 »
Hi Slick and welcome
Month on month off could be a rig

Nah they never would let a bloke calling himself slick on  an oil rig
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline slick

• Active
« Reply #5 on: 09.08. 2011 23:36 »
Hi Guys, I am First Officer on an offshore standby/supply boat, we also carry a daughter craft aboard which we launch and put guys on to the small gas platforms in the North sea so they can do maintenance. We sail from Gt Yarmouth and go to Den Helder Holland quite a lot.
Been sorting through the A 10 bits and finding out whats missing, the eng is stripped right down so I will start with that, what do you guys recommend I do about bearings,clutch, mods etc.
I await your advice but am off to a 2 day v.m.c.c. event at Mintlaw not far from me so cant reply till I get back..
Oh! the slick dont apply to these rigs as they are all gas ones *smiley4*,
Will try and post some pics of the bits but it`s not a pretty sight. Vic.

Offline Davie L

• Active
« Reply #6 on: 11.08. 2011 10:02 »
Hello Slick

I am a relatively new member living in South West Scotland. I have acquired a 1961 Flash also completely in bits. I have no experience of bikes only vintage cars and will also need to sit my bike test, but might be worth us having a wee blether.

David

Offline slick

• Active
« Reply #7 on: 13.08. 2011 10:44 »
Hi Davie, I am sure we will have a blether sometime but I am packing and trying to do 100 other last minute things  *conf*for going off to sea for a month, then I go to Italy for 2 weeks for the Benelli 100yrs festival so it will be sometime after that.
I have a mate who lives in Creeton, Newton Stewart who has a Golden Flash if thats near you. *smile*
Vic.

Offline Davie L

• Active
« Reply #8 on: 16.08. 2011 12:45 »
Slick

That is quite close to me really and a contact to ask questions of is very useful.

I would like to get in touch with him.

David