Author Topic: Lucas Tricon switch or a part thereof  (Read 761 times)

Offline jjbsa

• A's Good Friend
Lucas Tricon switch or a part thereof
« on: 10.05. 2011 12:28 »
Hi, I hope you won't find my request too nerdish.
I have for some long time been restoring my late model A10 twin.  The bike has been in parts for many years.  I have done as much work as possible myself and have been keen to use many of the original parts as the bike was in basically very sound condition to start with.  I am at last well on with the assembly stage.  However, when dismantling the bike I dismantled the Lucas Tricon switch and had had the two major parts rechromed with good results.  On coming to rebuild the switch I find that I have lost (and I mean looking for it for days type lost) one of the two small rubber boots that fit round the handlebars on the original Lucas switches.  There are two types of these boots, one is a plain ring (which I have) and the other ring has got a really nice little moulding in it through which the cable running up the handlebar enters the switch.  The pattern switches that one can buy today are substantially different from the Lucas original and don't have the boot - the whole of that side of the switch is made of plastic.

I would be really grateful if somebody could supply me with that boot.  Any help is appreciated.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Re: Lucas Tricon switch or a part thereof
« Reply #1 on: 10.05. 2011 12:47 »
I bought a repro one a few months ago and the one I bought had the rubber ring wth the sleeve for the wires as you describe.

Have a look at this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BSA-NORTON-REPLICA-WIPAC-TRICON-DIP-HORN-KILL-SWITCH-/220773092051?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item33671a0ad3

Offline jjbsa

• A's Good Friend
Re: Lucas Tricon switch or a part thereof
« Reply #2 on: 10.05. 2011 13:57 »
Thanks Brian, a good lead for me to follow!  I've studied the photo and it looks right.  The photos I had looked at earlier didn't show that boot, just the other side of the switch.