Author Topic: for sale a7 rigid engine in bits and gear box 1949 so i am told  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Rich

• A's Good Friend
"The end is nigh"
Brian that was really tounge in cheek, a bit of southern humour, and I am sure I am wrong in my opinion but will not be around to have it proved to me.
I do hope that the younger generation will take up owning and riding old bikes, my own son is just not interested in bikes and will not let me get the grandkids interested either, so I am on a loser there,  however I am sure that the high prices at this moment in time will gradually fall as demand for the bikes fall as there is certainly going to be less old farts who are keen on brit bikes and a smaller percentage of younger persons who will want them in preference for japenese and itialian etc.
Richard

Offline trickytree

• A's Good Friend
  • Lincolnshire, England
In the UK motorcycling in general is becoming an older persons sport, there simply isnt the youngsters coming through in large enough numbers to keep the industry going in the long term.

Look on any of the UK based chopperbuilding forums and most members are over 50.....a fact born out if you visit any of the rallys this summer.

The industry is being kept alive by big bike sales from born again bikers that already have a bike license....too few folk can be bothered with the cost and hassle of compulsary training. The hoards of scooter riders simply move over to 4 wheels when there "provisional" license runs out.

Were all doomed I tell's 'ya
1965 A65 Bobber
A10 Bitza project

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
offtopic

thanks all for your posts .if you have sent me a pm . i cant read the pms as it wont let me go in there .its coming up with a error ...????????/

See New Members: Read This !

And btw, as we all know by now ;O) , only thumbhails are allowed when inserting images from external hosting, see http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,2545.0.html

Thanks
e
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline dan daughenbaugh

• A's Good Friend
    • Greasy Gringo
Now this might put the cat among the pidgeons so to speak, meaning some of you wont like this.

"The end is nigh" what a load of crap. Yes there are lots of bikes hidden away in sheds etc but there are also a very great many that are ridden and provide much enjoyment for their owners. 60 or 80 years ago these bikes we now cherish were being thrown in the dump, for about the last 50 years we have been salvaging them and I am certain this will continue.

To say the market for old bikes is going to die is implying that the younger generation will not be interested in old machines, this is simply not the case. We have several younger members on this forum who I am sure are just as passionate as the rest of us middle aged to older members. Go to any old bike gathering and yes there will be lots of oldies but also a lot of younger people. If someone thinks that our fifties and sixties machines are going to be worthless in ten to twenty years then why are veteran machines worth a fortune, surely they should have been all disgarded by now.

I wont start on the "chopper" subject, I might get banned from the forum....................................
Im going to have to agree with Brian. At 28 years old, my newest bike is a 70.
50' BSA A7 Land speed racer
64' BSA A50C Scramble-ized
67' Triumph Bonnieville (stock)

Offline shaun1

• Active
well im not going to turn this into a bobber so its for sale .the engine is in bits as you can see .the frame is mint and as all its numbers on it . i am looking for a triumph 650 engine in a px for the a7 .or make me a offer on the bike . thanks shaun 07879332447

Offline South Oz Dave

• Active
  • Boat racing in the desert - Innaminka
Mate, I want the engine, I'm in South Australia, how much?  I have been looking for an A7 barrel with in reason for months, fleabay had a couple, but I was on the rig and couldn't paypal at the time due to Sat link issues.  So your a great opportunity.

Cheers Dave

Offline terryk

• Valued Contributor
  • Townsville Queensland Australia
Dave this fella is in the UK but if are chasing longstoke engine stuff I have heaps of it.
cheers Terry in Queensland
gflash11@hotmail.com

1950-53 A10 rigid/plungers, 1958-61 A10 super rockets, 1947-50 A7 longstrokes, 1949 Star twin,
1951-54 A7 plungers, 1940s M21, WDM20s,
1948-50s B33s rigid/plunger/swingarm, 1948-50s b31s rigid/plunger/swingarm