Author Topic: Wanted: 1953 plunger B33 Tool Box. Or will swap either of these other two boxes!  (Read 1288 times)

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
All's been said in the subject line! lol

But what are these two tool boxes in the pictures? I guess they are off rigid frames but not M20 or M21. Doe's anyone know?

Anyhow they are up for grabs, preferably swap if possible...

Click on picture to enlarge it.  *smile*
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
G'day LJ,
               the black one looks the same as the one on my '51 plunger. It should be on a rigid but I guess they were using up parts before they went to the deeper ones. Don't know about the red one. Sorry can't help with what you need.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
the black one is an early plunger zb type circa '51, the red one looks to be off a rigid b, or possibly c.
I've got an m tool box spare, according to my parts list the tool boxs were the same from 49 to 53... do you want some pics of a '51 plunger tool box fitted?
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
As has been suggested the black one fits the rigid frame A's including the longstroke Star Twins and the rigid and plunger B series. The red one is off a C10 or C11, the recess on the back is where the brake rod passes. It could be suggested the C10/11's have a better rear brake set up than the A10's, they have a cross over set up but with a rod rather than the cable the A's have.

You shouldnt have too much trouble finding the correct one LJ, they come up on evil bay quite regularly or a swap should produce one.

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
Hello LJ  I you are willing to sell the black toolbox I would be interested.   Thanks Jeff