Author Topic: Help Please (post a photo)  (Read 1318 times)

Offline ian davies

• A's Good Friend
Help Please (post a photo)
« on: 23.03. 2012 22:09 »
Tried to post a photo, failed, it said something about 2000 kb, i have'nt got a clue. Seriously technophobic. Will be very grateful for some help. thanks. Ian. *sad2*
ian davies

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: 24.03. 2012 12:45 »
Here you go... how to get photos into the forum via photobucket in 10 easy steps.

1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com Click the join now tab.

2. Fill in your details and sign up.

3. When you get to the ?my album? page Click on the Browse button. Select the location of the photo you want to upload from your harddrive. Then click upload.

4. Be patient while the image is uploaded. You will then get a message saying "1 of 1 image has been uploaded".

5. Scroll down to the image and click on it. The image will appear in a large format. Along the top of the image will be some links.

6. Click on "Rotate" if you need to change the image's orientation.

7. If your image is already up the right way up then click on "Resize" and from the pull-down menu and select "message board 640x480" then "ok" in the pop up window. (If this option isn't in the pull-down menu then your image is already a good size and you can go to the next step!)

8. Then on the right-hand side of the image you will see some text boxes. Go to the bottom text box that says "IMG thumb ", Click your cursor inside that text box and you will see a little yellow box appear that says "copied".  That code is now copied onto your computer's clipboard.

9. Come back here to the forum and in the message you've been typing, click so that your cursor is where you want the image to appear. Then right-click on your mouse and select paste. The code should now appear in your message.

10. When you click on submit that code will become an image within the message. If you are using the "post reply" function then you can click on "preview" and see what your message will look like with the image in it before you hit submit.

GOOD LUCK!
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 24.03. 2012 13:30 »
Hello, attachments must be screen & bandwith friendly to be accepted, so there is a size limit on uploads to the forum, to prevent the posting of gigantic photos & files.

You need to resize the picture, from 4000x3000 (example, as coming out of a modern camera) to something around 800x600 to 1200x800 pixels (good for screen viewing and it's a small fast loading filesize). All cameras comes with a basic editing program that can do that very easily.

Or, if you wish, use a picture hosting site like WozzA suggested (thanks for posting the instructions), and post thumbnails linking to that site.

also see
http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,5355.0.html
http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,427.0.html

"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline ian davies

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 24.03. 2012 19:47 »
Thank you both very much, i'll give it a go tomorrow, when i get back from the Wistanstow bike show, going to give the A7 a good run, weather is going to be nice, should have a good day. Cheers. All the best. Ian
ian davies

Offline iansoady

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 25.03. 2012 12:15 »
All cameras comes with a basic editing program that can do that very easily.

Or use a program like pixresizer (free download from http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/) which can resize single pictures or multiple ones.
Ian.
1962 Golden Flash (arrived)
1955 Velo Viper/Venom (departed)
2004 Triumph Tiger 955i (staying)