Author Topic: Well it took 7 months to get MOT and driving license,thanks for the help,  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
Took one month longer than I thought,I tried to get my driving test over christmas in the snow but no instructor was up for it (can´t think why).Bike is almost ready as it will ever be,just can´t find neutral when I stop at the traffic lights,so have to hold clutch in in 1st.Spent the last two days trying to find it,and have stalled every time,put the bike out of the traffic on the stand and re start.First picture is of my swollen knee,getting the beast up on the stand  over 100 times in two days,(football ,rugby injured knee)Thank you to everyone especially MG from Austria,who has been a good bean.
ho ho ho

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
oophs
ho ho ho

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
Well done Stephen,
Neutral can be easier to find when the bike is still rolling.Practice snicking it into neutral as you are preparing to stop.
Similarly, once stopped, if you are in gear and can't get neutral, rock the bike back and forward as you try to select it.
Cheers,
Iain

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Stephen,
              If your clutch is well adjusted you should be able to select neutral when stopped. Similarly you should be able to select gear without undue crunching.
               I currently am using a bike with w six spring clutch and have no problems at all.

Trev.

Offline gold33

• A's Good Friend
Stephen,

Always wanted to ask that one, never had a problem on modern bikes and thought there must have been an old time secret knack to it that I should have already known.

I found as Iain says, it was simple when rocking slightly or when moving. The only thing on my bike that wasn't botched by the P.O was the gearbox, no gear crunching at all, smooth changes, no clutch slip etc. So I discounted a mechanical issue as the cause.
Now I don't know what I do, it just goes to neutral when I want... must have learned the secret without realising, either that or my right foot was too embarrassed at continually wheeling the silent steed to the curb.
Darren
'52 Plunger