Author Topic: BSA Cafe Racer  (Read 2166 times)

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
BSA Cafe Racer
« on: 30.01. 2010 20:44 »
Hi Guys

Heres one of my projects.  Its a BSA Cafe Racer.  Its based on a A10 Super Rocket.  The frame is a 1961, the engine is a modified 59 super rocket engine.  The engine was a drag race engine a friend of mine ran in the 70's.  It has a alloy haed that was modified to run twin mukunis.  The pistons are high compression, the cam is a high lift Harmon and Collins.  The fly wheel has been lightened.  I might use lower compression pistons and a stock flywheel when I rebuild it.  The g.box is a SC box.  The frame is stock.  The forks are aluiminum Bator with alloy top and Bottom yolks.  The wheels are conical off a 71-72 BSA.  I still have to fit foot peg, oil filter, and probably alot of other bits I am forgetting.   Here is a couple of pics.   

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: BSA Cafe Racer
« Reply #1 on: 30.01. 2010 23:49 »
G'day jfligg,
               Great to see another Cafe, I luvem. I really like the tank and yolks. Isn't it good to build one as you want rather than looking at pictures and parts books. It can still retain its old skool charm but make the moderns take notice. They do pull a crowd at the pub.
You are right in using a stock flywheel for better low/mid range and say 8 1/2 or 9 to 1 pistons. Do you know the specs on the cam ? What carbs are you going to use ? I got a pair of PWK 30's and were jetted pretty close out of the box.
Good work, keep us posted.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: BSA Cafe Racer
« Reply #2 on: 19.02. 2010 21:21 »
Any new photos of ongoing work ?

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website