Author Topic: Engine rebuild in Canada  (Read 233 times)

Offline David Tinsley

• A's Good Friend
Engine rebuild in Canada
« on: 08.07. 2024 21:49 »
1955 A10 GF SA Any Canadian members here recommend a shop that will regrind crank, all bushes and line bore, plus head work (guides etc) Preferably in Ontario to save shipping.
I have found a couple of machine shops, but they will just grind the crank and replace the bushes, but not fit the parts. I would rather find someone who knows these old machines and know what they were doing

Dave
Ontario

1955 A10 Golden Flash

Offline Jim S

• Active
Re: Engine rebuild in Canada
« Reply #1 on: 08.07. 2024 22:42 »
Hello David

Lemoyne Moto in Longueuil Quebec did a rebuild of my A7 engine a few years ago. I now have 12,000 miles on it since rebuild and it is running flawless. It had a rebore, crankshaft big ends and timing side journal ground, new guides and valves and seats ground.

Robert Barito who runs the business has been rebuilding British bikes for the last 40+ years. He uses a local speciality shop to do the crankshaft and guides machining. (Google J Precision in Longueuil)

Lemoyne Moto-450-671-3849

Jim

Offline David Tinsley

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 08.07. 2024 23:02 »
Hello David

Lemoyne Moto in Longueuil Quebec did a rebuild of my A7 engine a few years ago. I now have 12,000 miles on it since rebuild and it is running flawless. It had a rebore, crankshaft big ends and timing side journal ground, new guides and valves and seats ground.

Robert Barito who runs the business has been rebuilding British bikes for the last 40+ years. He uses a local speciality shop to do the crankshaft and guides machining. (Google J Precision in Longueuil)

Lemoyne Moto-450-671-3849

Thank you Jim,
Precision looks as though they can do the job. And good to hear they did a good job on your A7
David
Jim

1955 A10 Golden Flash

Online sean

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 10.07. 2024 02:58 »
may get a closer shop if you ask on the CVMG site shipping is expensive