Author Topic: Introduction - ... and the need for sets of spanners, drills, taps and dies  (Read 279 times)

Offline Adler

• Active
Dear members of the BSA A7-A10 forum,
first of all I would like just to introduce myself. My name is Manfred and I am from the southern part of Bavaria, which is in the most southern part of Germany. I am 56 years old and some years ago I found myself a british bike in South Africa. I was working there for a german car manufacturer and stayed there for half a year. The bike is a Matchless G3L (I know, this is a BSA forum) but this was the start of getting so much fond of British motorbikes. In SA I got the chance to take part at the so called "DJ", the anniversary run for motorbikes from Durban to Johannesburg (some 670km). But all bikes need to be built before 1936. I was borrowed a Sunbeam Lion and it was just fun - for the participants, as I struggled very often to start this motorcycle. 1 hour prior to the start I eventually was given an extra advise by a friendly expert and from then on it was a first - or maybe a second kick start. The rally was perfect for me. The most important aim was to finish, no matter what score. OK, so, I wanted a British bike on my own and found one there. Unfortunately the Matchless is still sleeping in boxes but luckily I found another in a somehow good condition: my BSA A10 Golden Flash from 1950 - see pic attached.
In the past years I decided to check the sludge trap - and other things ... In the meantime I fully stripped the bike and restored it. Now, it is not fully restored but roadgoing and I am happy.
BUT: without all the very good and invaluable tips of this forum I probably would not be that far - this is why I would like to thank you all very, very, very much.

With best regards, Manfred
Germany SE (Bavaria)
1950 A10 GF Plunger (and some German motorbikes from '33 to '54)

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Thanks for great intro and kind words about the forum.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
G'day Adler  *welcome*
Great to see the Forum helps non members as much as members.
Thanks for joining.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7