Author Topic: Bugga!  (Read 1909 times)

Online limeyrob

• Resident Legend
Re: Bugga!
« Reply #30 on: 11.12. 2023 08:09 »
Been there, done that.  That's when I learned what that "back up contacts" setting was for that I had set to "NO".
Slough 59 GF/SR

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #31 on: 11.12. 2023 09:55 »
Tailgating drives me mad. 😡

When I'm approaching a queue of stationary vehicles I dab the brake pedal to flash the stop lights.

Sorry to be a smug bar-steward but I am good at leaving safe spacing from the vehicle in front of me.

I've never forgotten the time when I was a boy, I was in my father's Ford Consul; a car in front of him suddenly braked, my father stood on the brakes and managed to halt short of the stopped vehicle but next moment, crash then crash again as two cars behind us plunged into dad's car and then the next one into the first one. We learn from these things.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #32 on: 11.12. 2023 11:15 »
Same here GB.

If I'm in the car, especially on motorways or dual carriageways, I look in my mirror to see what's behind me as I approach the queue (artic, etc).  A few dabs of the brake pedal and hazard lights usually does the trick.  I also tend to get into the right hand lane as large lorries aren't permitted so fewer chances of being mashed up. *bright idea* *good3*

I do this particularly after an accident on the M6 a while back when an artic driver (on his phone or asleep), ploughed into a stationary car and shoved it under the artic in front.  The car then burst into flames.  A whole family of six was wiped out. :o *sad*

Sobering thoughts, and a reason why using mobiles whilst driving should be a minimum £2000 fine and a year's ban. *rant* *rant* *rant* *angry* *angry* *angry*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #33 on: 11.12. 2023 18:18 »
G'day Fellas.
I'm usually very vigilant when riding or driving and leave a decent gap to the vehicle in front. I had just checked my mirror for following cars. If the trailer in front had brake & blinker lights I would have seen them even while checking my mirror. With only one working eye it's a bit hard to judge distance and by the time I realized he had stopped the gap had closed. The split second decision to brake and prepare for impact was the correct one. If I'd swerved to go around on the left I would have clipped the trailer and gone into the gutter/trees at a greater pace.
Oh well, poo happens.
Cheers
ps: just flush to get rid of tailgaters https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=18702.0
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #34 on: 22.12. 2023 20:56 »
G'day Fellas.
Bugga bugga bugga bugga *ex*
I must have run over a Chinaman (saying for bad luck).
Got home from work yesterday and the auto roller door wouldn't open and once inside I had no power. Looked at the fuse box, none of the trips had gone off but the main one was melted *ex* Next checked the main house fuse box and the shed fuse hadn't tripped  *dunno*. I flicked the switch there and went back to the shed and pulled the cover to see how bad it was  *eek* Not good at all.
Two days till Bah Humbug I've got Buckley's chance of a sparkie till the new year. *pull hair out*
Merry Bah Humbug.
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #35 on: 22.12. 2023 21:33 »
That's a real cook-up Musky. Ya gunna have to eat all the prawns and drink the beer now mate. Geez that's bad luck. Have you got good neighbours.?
Anyhow Merry Christmas - as merry as you can anyway.! *pull hair out*
Col
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #36 on: 22.12. 2023 22:30 »
That's ridiculous it didn't trip the circuit breakers! (How does that work sparkies?)
Got any ol' kero pressure lamps, a gas bottle & camp stove Musky? Add a mouthharp and acoustic git...
You can make a good time with those.

(Oh I forgot the dancing girls)  *bright idea*

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #37 on: 23.12. 2023 00:30 »
Thanks Fellas.
Looked up Sparkies in Lithgow, got 5 but only 1 open. Rang him and he was here in 30 minutes. 30 minutes later he had it up and running temporarily till he can put up a new box in the new year. He said the HQE tripper didn't have a good reputation, he put in a good one.
Beer being chilled again.
Cheers
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7