Author Topic: oil tank connections  (Read 1022 times)

A10 Ray

oil tank connections
« on: 05.01. 2024 08:18 »
Hi all,
           Question what oil pipes connect to where i know they cross over but what goes to what.
           cheers Ray.

Offline CheeserBeezer

• Valued Contributor
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd
Re: oil tank connections
« Reply #1 on: 05.01. 2024 09:39 »
The crankcase should have stampings 'F' and 'R' (flow and return where the pipes connect. On the oil tank, the return connection is the longer one which also accommodates the rocker feed banjo.

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 05.01. 2024 09:44 »
 BSA made this easy for S/A owners. The crankcases are marked F and R, so look closely and the remains of the stamping may be just visible. Suss out the oiltank connections and join up  the pipes, Feed pipe from the internal tank filter is the lower connection on the back of the tank. Return is the longer, upper connection, with provision for the banjo feed T to the rockers.

Plunger models have a fixed bolt on connection to the crankcase. Here the pipes line up perfectly* with their respective connections to the oiltank .....

Swarfy.

* Totally unbiased comment to demonstrate the superior qualities of the Plunge design.

Additional. Bergs may like to add further practical comment. CB said it far more simply and was just a bit quicker to the keyboard. Also here with a new Avatar (which I have not seen before)  extolling certain aspects of current activity. Nice one!

A10 Ray

« Reply #3 on: 05.01. 2024 10:03 »
Hi all,
           Thankyou so much for feed back, I was going to put the bike on my electric pit starter which i made
  time ago and see if there is a return flow without starting of course, but now i know.
    many thanks   Ray