Author Topic: Digital Tacho with Magneto  (Read 1745 times)

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Digital Tacho with Magneto
« Reply #30 on: 14.07. 2022 13:18 »
If what you get is a very low voltage waveform, with erratic spikes to hundreds of volts, then using the kill wire to trigger a rev counter sounds hopeless!

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #31 on: 14.07. 2022 14:43 »
Certainly won't be trying to do it TT, spikes or (as I think) no spikes - just curious as to whether the primary voltage was a possibility as a semi-lateral response to comments on here.
'S not on my list!
I shall put up with my one 'click-click-after-the-event' chronometric and my smoother not-so-pretty magnetic one, and rely on my ears and common sense for other bikes. Not one for sustained full throttle on things that are 55 -70 years old anyway (- well, just on one machine maybe -) because although I quite like mending them I don't set out to increase the risk of disaster by constantly red-lining them. Torque, not raw horses, is what I like best.

Money and time are better spent on other stuff  . . . and we aren't talking pennies these days when we've  gone and reduced things to shrapnel. My last 'no expense spared' job, including a new crank, Thunder rods, dynamic balance, re-sleeved barrels, pistons, valves, seats, springs, guides, cams, followers, rocker parts, pushrods, oil pump upgrades, welding repairs to castings, all bearings and bushes, skimming and truing etc etc plus all the sundries, was, er, distinctly non-trivial.
Luckily Her Indoors doesn't scrutinise shed expenditure too closely (unless something strikes her of a sudden or there isn't any money at the cashpoint machine) because she's glad to keep me out of the house I suspect - but I don't want to be tempting fate too much all the same.
Bill

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #32 on: 15.07. 2022 07:18 »
,,,"Electro-magnetism, the Universe and the Meaning of Everything,"

Groily -it's 42... Shhhhh...

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #33 on: 15.07. 2022 07:44 »
Oh No - cat's out of the bag now Jools, you  . . .  Android!
Bill