Author Topic: A10 fork stanchion bracket/adaptor for RGS style mudguard?  (Read 468 times)

Offline Tomo

• Active
Hi,
as per the title: I am putting a chrome front and rear mudguard onto my 1960 A10. Only problem is that the lower legs of my forks only have one hole for stanchion attachment, at the rear side.
I need to fabricate some sort of bracket so as to attach the front stanchion to hold the front of the mudguard.

Are there any ready made brackets available? I could put RGS lowers on but it seems alot of faf and expense. Any ideas please?

Offline Tomo

• Active
Is there really no one that knows what I am talking about...haha. Maybe I should re-phrase the question?
Thanks

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
Maybe the lack of answers is because whilst we understand your question, we're not aware of any ready-made brackets. I think you've answered your own question - you'll have to make some.
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Offline metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Sorry Tomo, I have no idea.   *sad2*

Somebody that knows what they are talking about will be along soon enough I'm sure!
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi All,
I think Tomo means stay rather than stanchion *????* (3rd time reading it)
So making a bracket to accept the front stay sounds more like it
Yes it will have to be made

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
Tomo, there are several different version of the sliders (lower legs), with different mount points for mudguard stays etc. it would be prohibitive to produce all the variations for the few people who want to do a conversion.

D.I.Y!

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
find yourself a picture of an XB31 BSA on google. They attached both stays to the rear fork lug. The following ZB models had lugs front and rear.

What sort of front wheel are you using, might be simplest to put on some different sliders with two lugs depending on your front wheel/axle arrangment
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Tomo

• Active
Thanks for your replies, yes apologies: I put stanchion when it should have read "stay". I knew what I meant!

Next time I will attach a photo.....

Thanks Rocket Racer I will get searching. I know what I need just not quite sure how to go about it.